Pots on Android slightly delayed šŸÆ

It worked OK when I tried it :slight_smile:

Weā€™ll be rolling it out incrementally ā€“ as with every release ā€“ starting with the first 10% today.
Like @tristan said, everyone should have it by the end of the week. :honey_pot:

3 Likes

Check the Play Store for an update. It should be there.

No update for me yet - Iā€™m set to auto-update and if I go to the Play Store and search for the Monzo app, I get the ā€˜Openā€™ button (because I already have it installed) instead of an ā€˜Updateā€™ button (which is displayed when the app version in the Play Store is later than what is currently installed)

My app version is 1.16.1 and nothing later than version 1.15.1 on APKMirror either.

Out of interest, what is the version number for Android with POTS enabled?

1 Like

I really would not advise using anything other than the official release channel - it is impossible to gurantee that the code on APKMirror has not been modified with malicious code.

Iā€™m on the beta programme running 1.17.2 :slight_smile:

1 Like

As said above, itā€™s rolling out slowly through the week.

Thanks. I use APKMirror as an app version number reference site - more than aware of the dangers involved in bypassing the Play Store - and now that Google has included auto app-scanning for malicious code in the Play Store app, feel much more secure.

Now waiting for the 1.17.2 update!

1 Like

Still canā€™t get pots, Iā€™m up to date, on Android and have both apps?

Going off what has been said, itā€™ll be available to download as an updated app version from the Android Play Store for Current Account users at some point between now and the end of the week.

Keep checking the Play Store ā€˜My apps & gamesā€™ / UPDATES tab for the update - Iā€™m doing this repeatedly. I hope pots is the feature I really want to use, it sounds like it is so far :sunglasses:

1 Like

You arenā€™t the only oneā€¦

Iā€™m waiting to create my ā€œrent/billsā€ pot.

1 Like

Might be a pain in the arse to use pots that way currently, as you would transfer the money into the pot, and then have to transfer it out of the pot again before the bills came off.

Yeah, Iā€™m hoping eventually weā€™ll get the tools to assign direct debits and standing orders to take from pots directly, and hopefully also the ability to schedule recurring pot transfers (both in and out of them).

However it will still be useful to me since I get paid around the end of the month, with a majority of bills taken at the start of the next month, but my rent doesnā€™t come out until the end of the month (normally before, but sometimes after the next pay day). Being able to just pre-allocate my rent money into a pot so I donā€™t need to worry will be helpful to modulate and inform spending. The only downside will be, as you point out, my needing to manually transfer it back out the night before rent-paying day.

Especially useful over Christmas, as our pay moves around erratically during this time of year - we get paid very early in December, which always throws me off for Dec/Jan.

2 Likes

Yeah, once I can do what you suggested with pots iā€™ll be well chuffed.

1 Like

I got my message to apply for my new card a few days ago when I updated my monzo app, got my new card yesterday and set it up and I have pots, already put a few Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£ in my holiday pot :grin:

If only the Play Store had a F5 key. This would be mine;
F5
:wink:

1 Like

With you saying you have both apps, Iā€™m guessing you are still running the CA Preview and still have an active pre-paid card? If thatā€™s the case, you need to ā€˜upgradeā€™ to the Current Account from the CA Preview in the pre-paid app. It will immediately render the pre-paid card obsolete and your CA Preview will be merged with the ā€˜properā€™ Current Account (you still use the same card, ignore the bit about them sending you a new one). Once thatā€™s all done, then youā€™ll be able to use Pots. Then you can get rid of the White background CA Preview app as it doesnā€™t get updated anymore.

See, thatā€™s why Iā€™m confused @Chalky , I did that this morning the linked them successfully. Ah well, Iā€™m sure its just a slow roll-out process, hopefully Iā€™ll have it sorted next week.

Have you tried Force Quitting the app a few times? I think I had to do that to get mine to behave initially!

Any news on when we can use our own custom image when creating a pot?

1 Like

Topic closed now that Pots have launched on Android.