Pots - Feedback Thread 🍯

(Kenny Grant) #163

It is the obvious answer isn’t it. Also far more information density than massive cards which are only really appropriate for the card account and even then are overkill IMO. This section needs a redesign and should not have a limit on list length for design reasons.

Perhaps when they add marketplace accounts they will rethink it at that point.

(Will Stone) #164

Would be nice if there was a way to quickly cover a transaction with money from a pot. e.g. tap transaction in list, select “Use money from pot…”, select a pot and that exact amount is transferred over. This will be a very nice addition to the Shared Pots, when they come in. It’ll mean you can pay for groceries etc., then when you get home, transfer the money you spent from your joint pot in a couple of taps.

(Danny) #165

Not sure if it’s mentioned elsewhere in this thread but the opposite is true too. Click on an inbound payment and move the whole thing straight to a pot.

I’ve gone to do this so many times my brain already thinks it’s a feature!

(Will Stone) #166

Ooo, yes that would be good. You’re right, it does feel like a feature that would naturally come with pots. Great to know if either of these suggestions are on the roadmap. Is there a visible roadmap? (I’m fairly new to Monzo).

(Danny) #167

There is a public Roadmap here: https://trello.com/b/9tcaMB4w/monzo-transparent-product-roadmap

It doesn’t tend to go down to this level of detail, but worth keeping an eye on.

(Anthony Allen) #168

I’m a current user of Starling looking to switch to Monzo and this is something that’s holding me back. If I have money in a pot in Starling and go into my overdraft, if my total balance (including pots) is a positive, there’s no overdraft fee. It’s super useful to know I’m not going to accidentally get charged fees when the money is actually there and available if necessary

(Jason Price) #169

I like the idea of pots however all they do is sit there and be visible making the cash easily accessible. A few suggestions then:-

Don’t make the contributions visible at all times so it is easy to “forget” you are actually saving. Maybe an option to turn the notifications off from the main balance screen?

Set targets for pots such that it reminds you of the goal / item you could be saving for?

Use the entire fund for a crowdfunded investment pot. Monzo can then invest it in either a high, medium or low risk investment, we (the users) select what risk profile we want and (hope?) to see the funds grow. I would be less likely to withdraw the money if there was a remote chance it would increase.

(Adam Robertson) #170

Now that would be very useful.

(Dave) #171

So I know a lot of my thoughts have been said before but…

I primary use the Coin Jar pot although it is frustrating that you see the charge going into the coin jar in the home screen. I know you are working on a fix for this which will be awesome. It would also be nice to have an option to hide the coin jar altogether and not have the Total Balance in the account tab including it. I have found a couple of times that I get to £20 and just think, thats a lot, I should probably just use it. I know… it’s weak. But it would be great if it was just gone completely - out of sight and out of mind.

In the future the ability to have a joint sharing pot would be incredible. Again I know the focus is on joint accounts…

(Michael Moore) #172

Definitely need/want more pots as soon as I see this happen (now Apple Pay is here as well) I’ll be moving across full time.

Can we look at changing the layout for the account page. Specifically displaying the pots in a different way and ability to sort the order they appear in.

(Tim Banting) #174

I would like 3 things:

1. Setting a goal for a pot
  2. Having DDs and SOs coming from a pot
  3. Have the option to pay something from a specific pot

(Tim Banting) #175

Would like to be able to set my own image/photo as a background for a pot. (Makes me more emotionally invested!)

I would also like to see some sort of savings goal and an indicator to show me how close I am to reaching that goal. For example, I want to save £1000 for a holiday, I save £500- bar moves to 50%.

(Eirik) #176

It’d be great to be able to see some kind of time history of transactions in and out of pots. Perhaps tapping on the pots sees the in and out transfers dates and quanitities in some way. It’d be helpful to remind myself why and when i drained one of my pots! :stuck_out_tongue:

(Joana) #177

Could we add our own image to pots? The stock images available are quite limited and I created a pot for my boyfriend’s gifts and would like to have his face on it. Not the highest priority I know but still nice feature to have - personalisation and all that. Cheers

(Jorge) #178

It’s been discussed that they don’t want this as users could upload inappropriate images. I am hoping they will at least add more stock images to the current limited selection (my sky holiday por has the yacht picture lol)

(Tim Banting) #179

I would like that. Having something personal to me makes me more emotionally invested in saving for it.

I’d like to be able to tap on my pot as see each deposit and withdrawal, like a little mini statement.

(Pete) #181

I’ve tried to do this a few times, it feels like the natural thing to do.

(Mark) #182

How have pot backgrounds not been updated or refreshed???

Surely 2.0 was the perfect opportunity?