Pots and Payees

I think being a mobile/app based bank people are going likely to judge the UI experience more so than a legacy banking app

Until Monzo give the Payments tab an overhaul and make it easier to manage payee’s I’ve decided to delete all recent payee’s (unless they’re on Monzo) and have just one. My Starling account. If I need to pay a friend or family member I’ll transfer payment to Starling and use their very good payments tab to easily find the person I need to pay and see what account of their’s I need to pay into.

3 Likes

I agree, Starling’s current implementation of payments is the best. But they’re going to change it soon, and begin ordering by most recently paid, a bit like a call log. This will, for me at least, introduce friction as I find in general it’s easier to search by alphabetical name.

I understand what they’re trying to do, but to use the call log analogy, unless a call was made very recently even searching calls by time made is onerous after about a day or so, because they are in a non-logical pattern. If Starling are trying to make it easier for me to pay a couple of people I transact with regularly (partner, best mate) then it would have been better to be able to assign these as favourites rather than automatically bring the last person I paid to the top.

In short, Starling is about to do payments less well.

1 Like

Out of interest how many Payees does everyone have?
I just tidied mind up deleting ones I don’t need as the SO is set up or they were one off payments.
I now have 5.

1. One is my legacy account and one is my estate factor!
1 Like

Yeah one is my legacy too.

The others are just some friends I recently paid for some things.

Use rarely.

I have quite a few.

Half are my other bank accounts :joy:

But then I’ve got loads of family and friends, various kids sporting clubs (and adult ones), investment services etc.

1 Like

1, my legacy account :grin:

Currently 10 not including my legacy bank. Of those ten, 3 have more than one account. I have no idea which is which when I’m paying them, hence my frustration with PM at the moment

Could you not re add them with a unique name?

The name field isn’t checked when a payment is sent (still not ideal I know but it helps).

I often find myself searching for the user I want in my feed if they’ve paid me previously then selecting the “send money to” button, it’s sometimes quicker.

Oh that does sound like a step back. Like you say a ‘recents’ plus alphabetical makes sense

Yeh I’m going to rename them at some point as it’s driving me mad having to look up elsewhere what account is what.

1 Like