Plex users

Same here.

Sorry - meant Bitesized. https://bytesized-hosting.com/#pricing

Do you still have to pay Plex sub on top?

Nope, you only need to pay if you want to sync for offline. I paid the one-off In App Purchase fee to watch on iOS but never use it now, I just watch on my AppleTV or browser on my computer occasionally.

I have a NAS which is nearly full and I think on the way out soon so wanna move all my films off it and just stream them but watch off my TV’s which can do Plex

GDrive at £6.60 a month for unlimited works a treat. Using rclone to mount the drive. I only have issues when I fuck up.

1 Like

If anyone maintains 4K films on Plex servers, I’d be happy to make a donation for a share.

1 Like

I did have quite a lot, removed them due to nobody ever direct played them and they always transcoded to 1080p (i don’t have a 4K TV). The transcoded copies always looked washed out due to the HDR so I ended up replacing them.

1 Like

Same here, I still have issues with HDR and 4K no direct playing and server having to transcode them so I’ve not got many.

1 Like

I don’t know anyone who used the Plex Cloud service, which is where it put your library on a personal storage service. I could never get it to work reliably. Something like Bytesized is just a normal Plex server you connect to over the internet.

1 Like

I’m feeling like sharing today, first 3 users to add me as a friend can get a share of my library!

Username to add is *************

2 Likes

I would but my upload speed sucks - hopefully moving to gigaclear soon

Impressive collection. Thanks :+1:t4:

Same here - I already have friends using it and my upload bandwidth just won’t cope! :frowning:

Yep, my internet is terrible, but hosting in the cloud with 200mb/s + upload speed so should be allll good

1 Like

Can I add now and share later? :wink:

1 Like

Come to think of it, how do you share plex?

Just add them as a friend, then select which libraries (if any) you want to share.

Anyone’s welcome to add me btw, same username as here.

3 Likes

I’ve done this (at least I think I’ve done it right).