Plex users

As long as you don’t share the GDrive directly it’s fine. It’s your own ripped media for backup surely?

Obviously! But i have ripped dvds and music before and shared with my partner and had them removed after a few hours for copyrighted content. This was on GDrive so maybe another solution is better. I could have the server hosted in the cloud but have it connect to my NAS for the media perhaps.

I need cheap cloud say 3TB for Synology Backup and Time Machings

Yeah, Bytesized for example even give you web-based torrent clients. Deluge is pretty simple, and there’s a chrome extension that will take any magnet/torrent link you click and send it straight to the web interface. It’s been a revelation. You occasionally get an infringement notice (weirdly I only get them for RuPaul’s Drag Race, never for any blockbuster movies or mainstream shows) but you can click the link that says ‘I have removed this content’ and it’s dealt with.
(I don’t condone stealing, but I only download stuff that I can’t watch any other way legally, and always watch it again when it is available in the UK too)

Thanks for the feedback Chris!

4K seems cool, but funky to get along with, maybe I’ll wait…

Got a Plex server here - I’d happily share but tbh I don’t think my upload bandwidth would cope, already got quite a few mates and family on it. Running on a small headless HP server with a couple of big sexy hard drives

I love a Plex, I have a massive collection which I have been building for years. I currently have a Synology DS1515+,with 15TB in a RAID 6 config. I have then connected that to my own home build headless Plex media server for transcoding.

What playback clients do you all use?

1 Like

Mostly Samsung tizen app and iOS app here

I use the Samsung App too. I tried The Xbox client but that UI is horrible

I didn’t mind the Xbox app before they moved it to the UWP app. But the UWP one isn’t nice at all

Damn! :open_mouth: That’s a hell of a lot of media! :sunglasses:

Just got PlexPy (Tautulli) installed again, been about a year since I used it last, can’t remember why I got rid :thinking:

I thought my 12TB server was pretty decent… :smirk: But 36TB cloud hosted! :eyes: That’s awesome!

2 Likes

It’s increased since then :joy:

2 Likes

The Xbox is my favourite UI by far!?? Literally secondly only to the desktop app in my opinion. Used the android app and Rasplex to compare against.

I like the Apple TV one too and Android. Still looking for the perfect client.

What’s your play back like? Are you streaming in 4K?

Same!! Bytesized ftw.

1 Like

1080p. Don’t have a 4k device.

What plan are you on for Backblaze as I can’t see a £14 one?

It’ll be their B2 service which is charged per GB.

That’s gonna cost me a fortune lol