Physical Flex card? Speculative designs!

Taking this point specifically, it’s always been the case. Look at savings accounts, can get better deals elsewhere. The integration with Monzo, in one place, is the selling point here.

Personally, I don’t want a physical one, but I can see some people wanting it.

As soon as my existing credit card is paid off, I’m just sticking to Flex solely as my purchasing credit line.

1 Like

No, vets4pets have done it to me too! I didn’t always live so remote, and used to use vets4pets until I sued them for malpractice after they misdiagnosed my dog numerous times, then prescribed the wrong medication which had the opposite reaction to the medication he was supposed to prescribe which almost killed her, so I don’t rate them highly at all.

Went with a local practice run by CVS after that until I moved here and it’s fully independent. It’s all been the same for out of hours emergency surgery and hospitalisation. They request you leave your card to process the cost of the treatment when they open in the morning.

1 Like

I love the blue virtual one (I’ve got the hot coral running through it) but made from bamboo, or something which was environmentally friendly would be :+1:

Not true, my vets is part of CVS, I get an invoice at the end of treatment to pay. They have no card details prior to treatment. They’ve never asked for payment details up front, only at the end.

For out of hours emergency surgery?

For any treatment regardless

So you have had out of hours emergency surgery for your pet and your usual veterinary practice billed you for it afterwards? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: That’s certainly never been my experience.

For standard procedures performed at your practice by their own surgeon, sure, I always get a bill and pay on receipt of bill too. For consults I pay after the consult. Emergency out of hours care is provided by a different veterinarian at a different surgery. I have a lot of animals, I’ve been through it many times. It’s always been done that way. They want a holding up front. You sign waivers that either give them permission to bill for what they need to keep your pet alive or to put it to sleep if they need to. They ask for the card because they can’t process payments whilst the systems are offline overnight. Maybe you’re allowed to say no, but that’s not on my mind in that moment. It’s a completely different process to a standard procedure with your usual vet at your usual practice, or if you’re lucky and need emergency treatment whilst they’re open.

1 Like

My vets don’t outsource emergency cover so that might be why, it’s a fully staffed 24 hour animal hospital. None of that messing around having to go to another location. Ring them to make them aware you’re coming in, staff are at reception area waiting for your arrival.

2 Likes

Possibly! That’s the case with the vets here, but fortunately haven’t experienced it yet! :crossed_fingers:

Back in the big cities, you’d have hundreds of vet practices, and they’d all outsource the after hours care elsewhere. Worth noting Vets4Pets don’t outsource though, or at least the practice I went to didn’t, but even going to them for out of hours care, they wanted me to leave my card before heading home, or to take an imprint of it. They certainly could have just billed me for it afterwards, but I guess that may have been because the treatment was finished out of hours and they usually want paying there and then, but couldn’t process it due to being closed. Didn’t think twice about it though, because it’s just become such a normal thing for me.

I’d never leave my card details if a vet asked for them. Too many security related issues them just having the details to hand. Fortunately my vets don’t operate like this.

1 Like

It’s becoming more rare, but they use these! Credit card imprinter - Wikipedia

Specsavers use them too when they visit here with their mobile opticians, since they have no way of taking payment whilst they’re here. You’d think by now they’d come with a sumup machine or something!

2 Likes

I remember the dark ages :upside_down_face::sweat_smile:

1 Like

How about an acid green one? Like from the icon :thinking:

1 Like

Amazingly, 33 posts later and still no speculative design. So here’s one, for a physical Flex card linked to a sunshine yellow card personal account:

Very predictable, but what else can Monzo really do here, other than change the colour of the ‘monzo’ or the ‘Thames stripe’?

12 Likes

I know, right?!

1 Like

A black metal card would be nice. :star_struck:

2 Likes

Came here for card design pr0n. Got Vetnet.

Carry on, I don’t really mind.

3 Likes

Omg, is it indeed Thames shape?

1 Like

It’s not for nothing that it’s known as the EastEnders Card.

I’d guess a more neutral colour, so there’s no replacements required everytime a card is to be changed ie when people move from neon to standard or plus/Premium etc.

1 Like