Philips Hue nearly half price on Amazon today

Philips Hue White and Colour Ambiance Mini Starter Kit, B22, 10 W https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07BVQZSGG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_Lq9FBbVX9NERE

2 Likes

That is a good deal!

Does anyone ever pay full price for hue?

1 Like

Probably the same people who pay full price for Dominos pizza.

6 Likes

If you buy your Hue kit like I did just now

d

and you donā€™t do this straight after

ss

Then what even are you doing? :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Do you not need a bridge anymore?

I keep thinking about these but the initial cost is just so hard to justify to myself

I have one but itā€™s cheaper to buy the kits and sell the hubs

1 Like

Included in Starter Kit?

I meant if @anon72173902 is selling his

1 Like

Not relevant to the thread directly but if you use smile.amazon.co.uk you can pick a charity to donate a small percentage of your amazon purchases to :slight_smile: Itā€™s not a lot, but itā€™s something.

(If you struggle to chose, personally I recommend JDRF UK who are a charity researching a cure and treatment for Type 1 diabetes!)

6 Likes

There is also this starter kit that seems like a good deal which includes an Amazon Echo

2 bulbs for Ā£70? Iā€™ll sit in the dark, thanks! :joy:

5 Likes

Itā€™s also the bridge which is worth around Ā£30.

True, but the hub does nothing alone so itā€™s only value is in conjunction with the bulbs so Iā€™d look at it as a 2 bulb price in the same way.

I find Ā£7.99 expensive for an LED bulb, no way Iā€™m paying Ā£45!

1 Like

Ah, so the bulbs are ā€œonlyā€ Ā£20 each?

Maybe I have a different perception of ā€œworthā€ to others :thinking:

1 Like

Iā€™ve had my Hue lights for a while now, works nicely with Nest Protect and Harmony Remote Hub :slight_smile:

Those kits are about Ā£60 in B&Q

1 Like

I think these might have been returns as this is not the normal hue packaging hence the discount?

An argument I come across all the time.

Iā€™ve had Philips Hue lights forā€¦ 8 years now? Whenever they launched in the UK anyway.

Havenā€™t had to change a single light yet - Iā€™ve bought other lights (LED and Halogen), and Iā€™ve spent more on those as they die.

So Ā£20 might seem a lot initially (because it sounds it), but in the long run, itā€™ll save you money.

1 Like

Your experience is different from mine. I replaced a halogen recently which has been in almost daily use since halogen indoor bulbs were a thing (I donā€™t know how long that is, but itā€™s a long time).

In fact, I replaced an incandescent bulb recently which gets some daily use for about 3/4 of the year, and that must be 10-15 years old. The replacement halogen bulb was Ā£3, so thereā€™s about 7 of them for one Hue bulb.

I think that Hue bulbs are a great idea, but they are just not worth the expense for me.