Percentage spend

Hello

Sure this has been raised before, but the option to see percentage of spend, as well as the actual amounts?

Thanks!

Simon

The Design Team were considering how we could add this to the spending screen a while ago now, but so far we haven’t found a solution we’re satisfied with. As Hugo explained early last year, a lot of this is to do with the subconscious associations of percentages and financial products (interest rates and charges) , and also the fact that without a fixed order of magnitude (how much you load onto your card each month for example) it would be hard to accurately compare your spending stats month to month referring to percentage data.

Thanks for the input.

I’m no statistics expert but don’t percentages take away the need to compare direct amounts in this respect? If I spent £100 this month and £200 the next, it still shows where I have spent that money proportionally, regardless of the total amount spend?

I get the point of not wanting to show percentages as a way of avoiding the point of people thinking that they’ve incurred costs.

But I do appreciate the complexity here and people wanting direct comparisons of the money they have spent month to month, although that is down to the user rather than the tool.

No worries!

Yes this is more the point I was trying to make :slightly_smiling_face: It’s difficult to make direct comparisons of money spent month to month, or at least to offer an at a glance overview using percentages which would makes sense without additional details.