PayPoint Shop don’t accept Monzo card

It’s probably not as widespread because most British people begrudge paying to deposit cash and just use a traditional bank account to do so…

2 Likes

Everybody wins then :grin:

1 Like

Do they? Customer doesn’t win because they’re keeping 2 accounts open

Monzo doesn’t win because it’s likely to be a spending account only if I have regular cash to pay in that it can’t handle

Seems like only Monzo is losing out on deposits

How is that a negative? :confused:

They save a fortune not having to provide this for small group of people. They can then spend the money on more profitable and useful features as per their plan for the year which will hopefully benefit all their customers :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Don’t you know? You have to be Monzo only.

If you sign up to Monzo and try to use a feature they don’t have. That’s Monzo’s fault too.

1 Like

Most people in the U.K. stick with a single current account

People don’t like complicated, managing multiple apps and all that jazz

Small group of people? That’s why the forum thread on cash deposits was so negative to the point Tom had to step in with his all seeing eye?

No, it’s just Monzo penny pinching to stretch investor money further. Stop excusing it. They’re charging customers to deposit their money that they get interest on and they couldn’t even pick a decent method to do it

1 Like

Nope they really dont. You’ll find that people have many types of accounts and use the best features from each of them. Cashback being the most popular and then they’ll circulate their money to hit the minimum deposits in other accounts for other perks etc.

Yes really small. If so many people wanted this Monzo would have no choice but to do it. Instead numbers are increasing and they’re doing really well.

Oh and the topic was closed temporarily because there were lots of mixed opinions, silly stats being made up and it was getting circular. We then got given some facts to prove its not as saught after or simple to do as some people on here believe :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes V annoying this. When it works it’s a great service, but I took out a Starling account for a backup. Living in a village just outside Leeds with no ATMs and a shitty chip shop, Local post office allows starling. Not a big fan of the high street banks (more are shutting down anyway)

On the times I’ve used it to put money in I’ve been happy to go to the local paypoint location to put in cash, the £1 fee doesn’t put me off its nothing in the grand schemes of things. I’ve more chance getting to a paypoint shop that’s open then I have of a PO

1 Like

They really do though

They’ll have their first account with Lloyd’s when they turn 16 because their parents did and they’ll get their mortgage with them and the rest, too

ok if you say so.

All you have to do is read a few topics on here to know that this isn’t remotely true.

1 Like

I speak to real people on a daily basis rather than take a forum of people who are actively interested in financial stuff where they’re likely to be seeking the best deal as gospel

In the last decade that historic way of following your parents bank and having just the one account and never switching is fading (and fast). Since the CASS scheme (2013?) that has helped with swapping banks without faff and times have changed dramatically in the last few years with fintechs and money apps, people are far more financially savvy these days. You also have far more people interested in investments too with apps like wealthify and freetrade making it more accessible and lowering the bar and learning curve.

It could be you speak to the same demographics and have the same take, but the 18-30s these days aren’t just sticking with their parents bank and taking a mortgage with them. They are looking at Habito, Mojo rather than just legacy banks and looking at hybrid or online agents like Yopa instead of traditional high street estate agents.

This is the average person on the street, its no longer just finatics or early adopters. It just might be not be for the people you are interacting with on a daily basis.

Times have changed, and are continuing to change. :t_rex:

3 Likes

To most of us here, Monzo is a Fintech.

To young adults choosing their first bank, Monzo is a BANK - and at that, one which they can download in their chosen app store and start using the very same day. They don’t just follow parents.

However it is very important that first job salaries (and I include student loads in that) get paid into Monzo, so that it doesn’t just become a spending card with a nice app. You just need to look at CASS stats at people moving AWAY from Monzo to see that it is very few people.

That’s where I think starling win at this point paying in at the post office for free. Tried the paypoint like many others and they looked at me daft so I walked out that was that :flushed:

More and more ‘Post Offices’ are now just a dedicated counter in another shop. Around here, the nearest 3 Post Offices are in McColls, Londis and WHSmith. The Londis counter is open the full time the main shop is open - so until 10pm 7 days a week. I’ve also travelling around seen them in Petrol Stations - you’ll be surprised where they’re popping up now.

1 Like

They don’t know how to deposit money to Monzo card. But they know how to top up accounts :slight_smile:

I am jealous of all the people who still have a post office.

The one in our village closed last year after being attacked by armed robbers three times in six months.

So much for a small, sleepy village!

Around the same time you joined Monzo eh. Curious.

Yep that’s why I joined Monzo!

Monzo’s new advertising slogan: “MONZO: it’s much easier to just keep your cash and use it towards your next purchase”

Welcome to 2020!

2 Likes