PayPal ignoring request to pay in Foreign Currency

That is brilliantly helpful. Many thanks.

1 Like

There’s some movement on Paypal front, with more details from Simon:

I’m gonna check it out later today… Oh, I hate Paypal so badly.

3 Likes

I get this option when I send money in a foreign currency

1 Like

I just checked and my Monzo card linked to paypal did not lose “Bill me in the currency listed on invoice” setting that I enabled few months back. However, I only have recurring subscriptions on Paypal, I can’t check single payment option. Simon’s comment might relate to single payments, where user uses card already added, but it’s normal checkout process. I vaguely remember it was offering paypal conversion, allowing you to opt out - and that’s the part that might be gone.

2 Likes

It reminds me why i don’t use PayPal much

2 Likes

Just decided to check it with a payment and the option is still there for single payments, but the option is now one click more hidden. I panicked for a moment.

imageimage

Not sure if it’s a gradual rollout or something, doesn’t seem like the sort of thing he would miss

1 Like

I am in Mexico and everything I am booking seems to be PayPal. I was having a torrid time of getting away from PayPal’s terrible rate, but found out that you have to use the card to have currency conversion options. As my default was my bank account I could not do anything but pay in GBP, which kind of makes sense as it is a direct debit payment rather than a card payment…. But still wasted a load of my time and made me very angry… sorted now though!
N.B Lost about £5 on a payment before I figured this out. As above, it is the principle!