Paying & getting paid on Monzo - tell us all!

I actually think the Payments tab is good. The flexibility of being able to merge multiple accounts to a single payee is probably one of the things I most like about Monzo when I compare it to other banks. I hope this remains following any work on the tab.

My biggest issue with payments/transfers is actually how Monzo treats the display of bank transfer references on the transaction screens in the feed. Not sure if this falls within the scope of what you’re asking but I think its a major issue. The current behaviour seems to be to copy the reference into the user-editable notes field. If the user then edits the notes field, this can then lead to loss of of the original bank transfer reference from the transaction screen. You should really display an immutable transfer reference field and not link it to the user-editable notes field. For me, the current behaviour renders the notes field useless for transactions involving bank transfers and is one factor stopping me upgrading to Plus ** . There’s more description/discussion here.

** What I mean by this is to upgrade to Plus I’d need to be convinced to stop using a different aggregator and use Monzo Plus instead. But one of the reasons I use a different aggregator is as a workaround to the above issue (I can enter notes there without affecting the transfer reference in the Monzo app).

3 Likes