Pay At Pump idea

Hi there! Obviously when we make a pay at pump transaction, it shows up as the amount that the authorisation was for until presentment time, when the whole lot is debited.

I would love to be able to enter the amount that I spent on petrol into the app and have that amount earmarked until the presentment, so that I can budget with that amount included in the plan - is that something that could be implemented?

Definitely a nice idea.

MasterCard rules at the moment are that the machine authorises £99 immediately and then quickly, usually within 10 minutes correct the amount.

Alot of places haven’t done that yet, but if it is updating within 10 minutes then there’s no need to earmark.

But the question is will places even implement it because it means customers with less than £99 can’t use the machines

Actually I think this is a great idea , because sites like Amazon only take the money on the day of despatch which is often a few days after ordering , so to earmark some funds off your ’ balance/left to spend would be great.

You can do this at Tesco (kind of) by telling the pump how much you want to dispense and it will dispense exactly that.

2 Likes