Partially settle a Shared Tab

Does anyone have any experience of using group bills with Revolut?

Can you use it like a shared tab, can you do part settlement?

This would be amazing! My girlfriend or myself can sometimes come up short on money and sometimes weā€™d like to settle the bill partially but we canā€™t, at the moment the only thing we can do is put the money aside until we can pay it off in full, or, delete the item from the shared tab and add it back with a smaller amount on their side to pay.

At the moment, money owed in shared tab can only be paid in bulk. I.e paying the whole tab.

It would be a great feature to provide the option to pay off tabs based on individual payments in the tab as well as the whole tab.

I feel like this makes it more affordable for people who might be in larger shared tabs or would like to pay off a tab gradually.

1 Like

This has been suggested before, you can vote for it below:

3 Likes

This would be great to see integrated into the app - being able to pay the shared tab off in bite size chucks would be a lot more manageable and easier to control our money.

1 Like

Monzo - Please make this a feature. Iā€™ve moved house and owe my boyfriend a large amount on the shared tab, but there is no way to just pay off a chunk of it easily. This seems like a really obvious feature that should be included, and would be so helpful to everyone.

1 Like

Yeah, adding my thumbs up. Seems wild this isnā€™t an option already! Partially paying off debts and spreading payment across multiple transactions is a necessity for all, isnā€™t it?

2 Likes

A bump for this suggestion.

I would like for the ability to slowly pay off a shared tab rather than having to pay the full amount at once.

What does it usually take for an idea to be seriously considered? As this looks to have been suggested for awhile.

Considered - not much, I suspect. Iā€™d hope that Monzo would consider any reasonable idea.

Implement - Iā€™d expect there to be a cost/benefit analysis. So thereā€™s a development cost to being able to partially settle a tab, which needs to be balanced against the benefit to Monzo. How much do you think Monzo would benefit from the ability to partially pay off a shared tab?

1 Like

Iā€™d say lots of votes and activity on the topic.

This doesnā€™t even get into the top 20, itā€™s over 3 year old and has less than 30 comments.

So if you know anyone else who would like this send them here to vote and make some noise :slight_smile:

I love and use shared tabs on a daily basis. Really grinds me you cant do this yet.

Would love this feature. My use case for holidays as others have mentioned. Put the holiday flights and hotel on a tab. Then on holiday go out for meals and add these. No way to pay for those meals during the holiday whilst keeping a note of all holiday transactions. Yes there are workarounds and could possibly use a separate tab but it would just be nice to have the partial pay feature.

Thanks for the pointer @awjdean to this page. This gets a bump and a thumbs up from me as a feature @Monzo

1 Like

Bump, still required

4 Likes

Any update on this @Monzo?

2 Likes

Bump on this, boyfriend gets paid weekly and we have just moved house so having to deal with monies owed outside of Monzo - not ideal. Partial tab payments much needed!

Edit: weā€™re renting, havenā€™t bought

Wouldnā€™t a joint account be a lot easier?

No it wouldnā€™t, a joint account is a completely different tool/feature that could - maybe - cover it butā€¦

would you have a joint account with every friend or family member that has monzo and you are sharing a holiday or some bigger expenses?

(also the joint account triggers a lot of other things like credit score linked to the other person so you could be badly affected by it)ā€¦

A shared tab is meant to easily share the expense of something, the request in this forum is justā€¦ can I pay it partially instead of all of it?

A joint account seems a bit too much for what it is trying to solveā€¦

2 Likes

Exactly as Francesco said - we donā€™t want a joint account just yet as it can impact credit scores and the tab works well most of the time, just not when theres a lot of expenses to manage at the same time.

I was replying to the person that has a house with someone. At that point youā€™re already linked.

This feature seems far more suited to the casual ā€œthanks for the beerā€ type thing.