Our all-new Savings Pot is here 🎉

Yes, they do.

5 Likes

It’s probably just for KYC when you get asked.
I’ve been asked mine for just normal savings such as instant access.

2 Likes

Where did you find this?

I tried looking but can’t see anything

2 Likes

Its an HMRC requirement for financial institutions to report how much interest they pay.

TLTR version here

5 Likes

Looks like OakNorth have matched this rate - looks like this created some competition?

Helpful while you can only have one Instant Access pot.

5 Likes

I suspect that’s coincidence

6 Likes

I’m pretty sure it won’t be long before the USP for the Monzo savings pot is that it’s instant access and not that it’s got the best rate.

Hope I’m wrong though, hopefully Monzo have built this instant access pot with a really simple dial behind the scenes that they can crank up to increase the interest rate at a moment’s notice.

7 Likes

Still can’t create a savings pot due to the error in the screenshots. Could this be beacause I have reached the pot limit? Help would be appreciated? Thanks

1 Like

Delete a pot and find out?

2 Likes

Was about to suggest this, seems the obvious next step.

1 Like

Thanks! that was the issue. Although by the error message, this wasn’t very clear. Might be worth updating the error message as it’s currently quite confusing?

2 Likes

Does this mean monzo might be offering ISAs soon :eyes:

My reason; they posted similar about savings then boom this came out, now they’re posting about ISA

23 Likes

Somehow create pot screen is odd.

I already have instant pot, yet it is a top level card with details pressing which goes to error. Maybe it should be smaller in size?

ISA and fixed term ones are next.

And other easy access pots are hidden / grouped under other options.

I somewhat expected unavailable options not listed. And the next best thing to be listed - which is easy access 3% option at the moment. Especially for those that want to group their savings pots by role.

I agree. The way 3rd party easy access pots are hidden away under “see other options” does seem pretty odd. The lack of prominence makes me feel that there’s an unanounced plan to remove them as an option.

2 Likes

Does anyone else not get notifications that funds have been sent to pots :eyes: is it designed not to do this. Had my transfers into them go over night, but the only notification I got, was one about a pot been over 50% of the target it’s set for.

The new savings pot? Is it not instant? Always has been for me moving money into it.

2 Likes

Minor feedback, but the text spacing seems to be off slightly here.

4 Likes

Scheduled payments :eyes:

4 Likes

Scheduled payments in are allowed, aren’t they?

I didn’t really understand your post - have you scheduled transfers to come out of the instant access savings pot? Or somehow using it as a bills pot?

2 Likes

Scheduled pot transfers have never given me a banner notification when they happen.

Just an increase in the badge number for that transaction. I’d imagine the instant saving pot is no different for that behaviour.

1 Like