Our all-new Savings Pot is here 🎉

Thought I was missing something as I’ve scheduled a fair few pots which all went in over night with no notifications, at least I know it’s not broken :raised_hands:

1 Like

Good attention to detail

1 Like

Can we open multiple versions of this pot, like we can with the current 3rd-party savings pots?
I need my savings to be separated into categories in order to keep track, so multiple interest-bearing pots are a sbsolute must for me!

2 Likes

Nope.

One per account.

3 Likes

Good work Monzo on this! Have pulled savings out of Atom and reallocated to this new Monzo savings pot :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Nope, hence why I still use Chase’s 3% savings accounts, each with their own sort code and account number.

The ability to do same within Monzo may make me reconsider that position.

9 Likes

Agreed, Chase’s offer is better at present. Monzo need to offer something more for me consider moving.

3 Likes

Wow! Just saw this in the app updates. Got excited but expected it to be single accounts only but there it was… Joint account from launch :flushed:

Monzo just bagged a fair few thousand from my Goldman Sachs account.

Colour me impressed.

11 Likes

You mean few thousand £ from Goldman in form of you moving your money across?

Has to think about the comment, but those in with Chase aren’t likely going to move to Monzo. Their customer base is/was allegedly affluent based on average deposits.

4 Likes

I am a Chase customer.

Glad to find out that I am apparently affluent :grin:

5 Likes

Are they? :thinking:

1 Like

There was some figures some time ago saying X amount of customers with X amount of balance sheet, making the average quite a few ££££s.

Likely changed now, but I recall the divide being fairly significant.

Edit:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-09-28/jpmorgan-s-uk-digital-lender-has-more-than-1-million-customers

Maybe not as affluent as in millions, but the average of £27k is fairly decent.

Mines about 27p so… No affluent customer here :joy:

5 Likes

Love it already! Excellent implementation of a savings account! Thank you as always, Monzo team!

3 Likes

Yeah 100% but savers that follow interest rates are not loyal customers, they move that money as soon as somewhere is better, for a while chase was leading with easy access interest rates.

10 Likes

Agreed I was with Marcus, then Chase, then Oxbury and now the majority in Zopa. I have left a couple of thousand in Chase and a small amount <£1K in Monzo, just for easy access. As with most things in life - car insurance tec. etc. loyalty doesn’t pay the bills.

3 Likes

Possibly but averages can be skewed so easily with a couple of higher deposits. It doesn’t mean Chase is for affluent folk. Everyone I know who has it is fairly average and certainly doesn’t have a lot invested in their accounts.

2 Likes

And easy access is now a full sized card, on par with other ones.

First months interest payout this morning. :nerd_face:

1 Like

You’ve got it?

Mine is greyed out to come tomorrow

I got mine today.

3 Likes