Open Office: February - Live Streaming

We’ll be streaming live around 7pm.

Details to join here: https://monzo.com/community/

1 Like

How do we watch? This

press the watch it here link for 28th Feb on Zainabs post ? starts in 40 odd minutes

I don’t see a link just this

where is it?

1 Like

Head to the link: https://monzo.com/community/ and scroll down to the Open Office box. It will link to the youtube stream :blush:

1 Like

press the link on details to join here … scroll down on that link to the right hand side for the 28th Feb

6 Likes

Would have been good to have some interaction with us guys watching the livestream, as in the end we where all talking amongst ourselves.

It was an interesting watch especially about the hash for the ballot, and understanding whats going on, however the video at the end we couldnt hear it… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Apparently I came 16th in the quiz! Considering the questions were delayed on the live stream and I was guessing all the answers, I thought that wasn’t too bad! :grin:

Great open office though, very interesting explanation of the randomisation process. Fingers crossed I get lucky in the ballot…

I agree, there was a little missed opportunity to take questions from the chat when there were only a couple in the audience.

Next time can you sort the audio out please, it was so quiet.

Maybe you could plug a lead from the amp straight to the camera or however you guys broadcast?

While I agree that levels were a bit low, the streaming in general was much better than previous attempts (excluding the new name stream that was done a bit more professionally). Not perfect but definitely a solid base to build on.

1 Like

So what was the new name?

1 Like

Any chance somone could summarise any key points made for those of us too busy/lazy/arguing with 3 year olds, to have been able to watch?

1 Like

Someone is working on that currently.

2 Likes

How do the three secret values determine the outcome of random list? Has the random shuffling program been published anywhere for review?

Not that I am doubting Monzo, just would love to get more into the nitty gritty of the function/algorithm used to determine this list, out of :astonished: fascination for the brilliant idea more than anything.

2 Likes

Apologies for the technical details below! :see_no_evil:

The ballot process relies on a pseudorandom number generator (PRNG) and a predetermined seed. :robot: To summarise from these links:

• A pseudorandom number generator is an algorithm for generating a sequence of numbers whose properties approximate the properties of sequences of random numbers.
  • The generated sequence is completely determined by a relatively small set of initial values called the seed.

The secret values are combined and used as the pseudorandom number generator’s seed, and therefore determine the outcome of the ballot. :game_die: The pseurorandom number generator is then used to shuffle the list of pledges, which in turn determines which pledges will be successful.

:tada:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.