Ooh, that's a nice colour

Today it happened.

Something I’ve been waiting for for the last 21 years of my banking life. To this day no one has ever uttered the words “That’s a cool looking horse”. But today that changed.

Paying for a lovely lunch at Savure in The 'Ditch I proudly presented my coral coloured Monzo card.

In an instant the waitress shared her appreciation. “Ooh, that’s a nice colour”.

I smiled and confidently replied. “Yes, it is”. At which point I knew I had joined the cool club. In less than a week I’d become part of the card holding elite. I’ve joined the better bank.

Keep up the good work Captain :mondo:, you’re doing just fine.

12 Likes

Haha! Yeah, feels good don’t it!!? :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

How do you like them apples, Ed Sheeran? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Haha! I get that a lot, you also get people staring at your hand when you go to tap in to the tube.

When Apple Pay integration comes along I hope we’re able to make the phone screen flash bright coral to keep the love

Lol

1 Like

make the phone screen flash bright coral

Love that idea, @Bruce!

Perhaps Monzo could administer coral coloured Monzo branded phone sheaths so we still look cool tapping in?

1 Like

an on-brand phone cover sounds like a great idea!

Possibly one of the flip cover wallet cases that are so popular in Asia and are slowly showing up more in the UK. Keeps your phone and Monzo card together.

Options for customising Apple Pay are limited but backgroundColor is certainly one of them by the way. :wink:

In case you really want to go all out…matching trainers are coming soon :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

Just last Thursday I was buying a slice of chocolate cake and the woman at the counter said “Ooo that’s a nice card.”

I blushed - “Thanks, it’s like…uhm… a bank that’s not a bank?” - information that’s now out-of-date I realize, but I was caught completely off guard.

There’s definitely something cool about the cards. I actually hope that when Monzo rolls out a full current account we keep seeing bold colours used (how about a nice hi-vis yellow? :wink:).

My “fallback” main current account card has a wavy design that doesn’t look too far off something like a system default wallpaper design for an old iMac - all abstract and blue because a committee agreed blue means safe.

I love these little “aha” moments I’ve been having with my card. It’s nice to hear you are too @simon_tomes

1 Like

That’s a cool story, @KraigWalker! Thanks for sharing. :smile: