Next opportunity to crowdfund?

Although previous investors get first dibs at any new crowdfunding. Could consideration be given to those who pledged money but weren’t picked in the lottery system last time, before new people who apply in any new crowdfunding?

We’re still loyal would be investors, it’s just we weren’t picked.

8 Likes

Yes please…,

2 Likes

No decisions have been made regarding a new crowdfunding round - but it’s likely we’ll wipe the slate clean and start afresh to keep a level playing field for all those involved. As soon as there are any early details we will share of course!

Will any investors have anti-dilution rights?

2 Likes

pre-emption rights rather than anti dilution. I would expect them to have an option to buy first but not to be able to retain their arithmetical ownership percentage (and indeed this was the case before)

1 Like

I understand that this is probably driven by the view of pleasing a greater overall number of newer users. It will be a bit of a sore point if loyal support and advocacy of Monzo and previous pledges to crowdfund are dismissed, and we’re put on even standing for funding opportunities with those for example only taking Monzo accounts for forex use etc.

Still, you can please some of the people some of the time… You’ve got my support regardless - I’d just like to be able to back that support with cold hard cash too :smirk:

As I said, no decisions on upcoming crowdfunding rounds have been made yet, either way we’ll be sure to keep you updated :slightly_smiling_face: Not sure it’s worth starting this discussion without any concrete details!

9 Likes
1 Like

Update on investment

The news regarding the 2018 round appears to have gone cold. When is this going to happen? What is the process?

1 Like

The post before yours states that the next mile stone is to close the prepaid and then do the crowdfund

So I don’t think it’s gone cold as there is nothing more to say until the close down of the prepaid has been achieved

4 Likes

Any updates on when the next crowdfunding round is?

:slightly_frowning_face: sorry no news I know of

Monzo poised to join ranks of Europe’s fintech ‘unicorns’

UK digital bank lines up $150m fundraising as it eyes $1.5bn valuation

https://www.ft.com/content/ef54082c-a16a-11e8-85da-eeb7a9ce36e4?desktop=true&segmentId=7c8f09b9-9b61-4fbb-9430-9208a9e233c8#myft:notification:daily-email:content

3 Likes

Hurry Monzo! :rocket:

1 Like

Any news on the next crowdfunding!??

Anyone done the maths on this upcoming round? :thinking:

If the round is available to all users without ‘fastest finger first’ or sweepstakes then £20million divided by 1.1m users works out as around £18 available to each user if everyone was interested.

Obviously most users will not be interested, but previous rounds saw I think it was around 1 in 5 make a pledge to invest. That would give you around £90 available per interested user, or somewhere around 9 shares.

In 2016 you could buy up to 1950 shares.

Any thoughts on this?

2 Likes

I think most people won’t be too concerned about how many shares they can get in the next round, I think it is more people want to be connected to Monzo and owning even a few shares will give them that sense.

Of course some people will want to buy lots and lots, and why not because at £1 billion valuation this Company has the potential to grow 10,20,100 times that value - so even £1,000 invested now could return a very handsome sum in the future (assuming £1,000 max from previous rounds - but who knows).

If you bought 1950 shares in 2016 they must be worth almost £20,000 by now!

I’m pleased to hear of the next opportunity today (investment takes place next Wednesday at 10am GMT), but disappointed to see existing investors get a head start. Why amplify the inequity of the previous round? They won before, so they should win again? Many people who wanted to be involved missed out last time due to over subscription, Monzo is exaggerating the benefits for previous winers and losses for previous losers with this structure.

Since the next crowdfunding opportunity has now been announced, let’s keep the discussion over there from now on.