New user tutorial - Monzo Forum

(Dave) #1

Okay I know I’m missing something simple. Ive followed instructions from several posts saying to message @monzobot saying start new user tutorial. Ive done that bit several times. It says to introduce yourself and pm @cookywook and @Naji. Done that. Nothing further seems to happen.

Sorry I know this will be something simple but I can’t find it in any previous threads!

(Monzobot) #2

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @monzobot display help.

(Change Works) #3

I’m confused. Are you trying to learn how to use the app, or use the forum?

(Dave) #4

I think the new user tutorial is meant to be for the forum.

Send it a message ‘start advanced user’

The start new user was a pointless couple of paragraphs so not sure if they’ve reworked the tutorials. The advanced is how to quote, blur and hide

(Dave) #6

Ah awesome, thanks. The advanced one worked fine and it gave me the badge for it. Still says I havent done the new user one though. Like you say I’m probably not missing much though!

I haven’t either because it gave me that pointless few paragraphs, maybe it’s setting up your profile pic etc and we’ve done that so it doesn’t see the point :woman_shrugging: I’m guessing we aren’t missing much

(Richard) #8

Silly question, but to whom am I sending the message ‘start advanced user’?

(Sufi) #9

You need to send a private message to @monzobot

(Monzobot) #10

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @monzobot display help.

@monzobot display help

(Monzobot) #12

I currently know how to do the following things:

@monzobot start new user

Starts one of the following interactive narratives: new user, advanced user.

@monzobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 3, 6

@monzobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you — Princess Diana

@monzobot fortune

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it

how can i login if i don’t have access to my original email address used to signup

I replied on the other thread but email help@monzo.com

(The monzobot scares me)