NatWest Chat

Aren’t these linked to something such as Bupa and they can refer you there to have a consultation in person etc?

They can tell you the moves to make, refer you to videos online.

Used one via Square Health through my Life policy, well they told me to see my GP. :joy:

2 Likes

The Lloyds Bupa benefit is nothing like a full-fat Bupa membership - you just get a quick teams call for brief advice then told to see a pharmacist or GP if you are still concerned or want to get something physically checked.

Same goes for HSBC premier health, though at least with that you get the annual blood test which I guess is the same as NatWest’s new ‘health check’ offer, although NW seems to be a bit more generous in offering it to more than one person.

The guy I had on my HSBC call was friendly but clearly well-rehearsed: his winding down patter was timed to the second for the end of the set call duration

1 Like

I did several virtual sessions for a running injury. They get you to perform movements on camera and observe as you do them, ask questions, do the usual thing of prescribing you exercises.

(After a few sessions and feeling I was making no progress I changed to in-person. I think the diagnosis from the virtual sessions was wrong in the end too.)

2 Likes

We have Bupa but not the full fat version, so the phone GP whilst good, will always tend to tell you to see their GP in person (which is a chargeable service), but not because they are trying to make money, but that they want to eliminate possibilities and really that can only be done in person.

Never been offered a prescription for anything over the phone

Seems a poor service to just refer you to another service :expressionless_face:

1 Like

Not even referring, sending you back where you should have gone.

3 Likes

Depends who you end up seeing and what it’s for.

I saw one once and he totally misdiagnosed me. As in, both logic and every single piece of literature on earth said one thing, he said another (an in-person doctor later confirmed this was the case).

When booking these online GPs, you need to look up their qualifications and decide for yourself.

For me, they are only worth using as part of private health insurance where you know what’s wrong and all you want is their referral to the relevant private clinic (if that’s even needed).

1 Like

First Active is back with just a 1% boost on your savings, vs the 1.5% boost they were previously offering.

I’ve moved most of the cash from my Nationwide Flex Instant Saver over to First Active, as I can instantly withdraw to FlexStudent from First Active.

Nice considering I don’t use the account.

3 Likes

Do you know why you got it?

Nope, subject is just “Treat yourself on us this autumn”. Rest of the email is the above and then steps on how to redeem. I only use the account to have £77 sent to me from my dad every month to pay for a garage that gets paid by direct debit to the council. So technically the account is used, but barely. Certainly not an active customer.

1 Like

Call me paranoid, but are you certain that came from NatWest…?

It’s happened before.

1 Like

Yeah definitely from them. Just checked my emails and they gave me a £5 coupon in February which I used in M&S. Just redeemed this one and only asks for name and email, which they had anyway. But definitely legit.

1 Like

Had a NatWest account 20+ years I get nothing!

2 Likes

I have only noticed today that CVV for the Rooster card changes each time you view it.
This is very good in case card details land in silly hands.