Morrisons Petrol vs. Morrisons Grocery

Can you categorise all the past transactions as well or will it be only for future ones?

Just future ones :+1:

1 Like

I never even realised I could use my Monzo card for pay at pump! Going back to the old pre-pay card that wouldn’t work, I just assumed the new ones wouldn’t either

All accounts are now fully functioning current accounts and work just like any other high street bank account

I have a Natwest account and can’t use that card for pay at pump either so thought the Monzo one would be the same as it was when my account was pre-pay because I wasn’t told any differently. Good to know

Oh snap! :tada::tada:

It works :wink: (not that I doubted it would :joy:)

Just been to Morrisons, notification had a petrol pump and the category was set to transport :heart_eyes:
Just grabbing a bite to eat now from the store itself, will check that it’s still got the right category :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I’m sure it will haha

Thanks for the amazing work here! :tada:

3 Likes

I’ve just opened my Monzo account and begun testing, having previously tested Starling and gave up. The reason was that while I rated the categorisation and subsequent spending analysis the killer feature it just wasn’t flexible enough.

Today I purchased petrol at Morrisons and it shows on my account as groceries. From reading this thread I understand that if using PATP it will be categorised as “Transport” Not sure it if the transaction will show as “Morrisons Petrol” though. Can’t test that yet as still waiting on my card to arrive. (used Apple Pay)

Now looking back at my Starling data I see that a fuel purchase at the same outlet correctly shows as “Morrisions Petrol” and I know for sure I paid at the kiosk as the transaction details say I used Apple Pay.

Before I read this, I had used the “Improve Name…” feature in the Monzo app to suggest “Morrisons Petrol” which shows up in a search and at the correct location. (A previous suggestion I made for a local merchant has been swiftly implemeted, impressed with that.) Now I’m not so sure this will result in an update but cannot see why the two cannot be distinguished if Starling can do it. Anyone able to advise?

Same for Tescos

@don_quixote & @Tulloch

This feature (automatic categorisation of petrol) only works when you Pay@Pump :grin:

I use it all the time and Monzo automagically tags the payment in the “Transport” category :wink: This doesn’t work if you pay in the kiosk sadly :frowning: (maybe one day?) but it definitely does when you stick your card into the pump before you start fuelling :slight_smile:

Hopefully you get to try this out the next time you need to grab a tank of petrol :smiley:

Does it show as “Morrisions Petrol” or simply categorise the transaction as Transport?
Have I wasted my time with the mertchant update suggestion?

I do pay at pump and it is still incorrectly labelled. The category is wrong.

It’ll still be called Morrisons / Asda / Tesco, etc. but the category will be transport :slight_smile:

You can tag the result (#petrol #car #fiesta) for example and then search for those tags to filter your search if you’d like :smiley:

But the name in your feed will not change :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks.

1 Like

Are there any plans to separate Tesco/Morrison’s/Asda Petrol transactional from Groceries?
Like Starling or Barclays for example…

If you use pay at pump then this already happens but not if you pay at kiosk

Not for me :frowning: I use Pay at Pump all the time…

Hmm odd, it was changed a few months ago and pay at pump now always shows as transport with main store as groceries

Not sure the set up with Morrison’s - is it all done centrally for example - but could the pumps at some locations have been set up with wrong details or wrong MCC I wonder

1 Like

Do you always use the same station? Might be worth popping a message to Monzo in app if so as I imagine they can check the merchant code coming through

Might be nice to have the name change as well as category