More reliable bank transfers from Europe

(Naji Esiri) #1

We’ll be improving the the reliability and speed of inbound bank transfers from Europe and the rest of the world!

What will you be using this feature for?

Check here for progress updates as they happen! Follow along on Twitter or in the app, in your Help screen :grinning:

Paid in Euros
(Nik) #2

Hello!

Just saw this - not having proper integration with SEPA banking is the main thing stopping me from using Monzo as my main bank account.
I deal with people in Germany and elsewhere, and whilst it does work to receive money with using one of the auto-transformed IBAN generators, the integration with my other current account (with HSBC) seems a lot better than with Monzo at the moment.

(Martin Perry) #3

Any chance we can get support for SEPA direct debits, would be handy for paying for the EuroDisney annual passes! :slight_smile:

(Jamie 🏳️‍🌈) #4

Good luck with that. There may not be any SEPA in the UK after Brexit and the transition period.

Like :switzerland: and :norway:?

(Jamie 🏳️‍🌈) #6

May not be. I wasn’t making a political point, but an objective statement.

(Michael) #7

I had no idea that existed, I remember asking Monzo about getting my IBAN and being told it wasn’t available but it seems it’s simply GB84MONZ followed by the sort code and account number (12 digits, no spaces or dashes).

Surely this is all that’s required to receive international payments from anywhere? I have heard of BIC and SWIFT codes but no idea what they are.