Monzo's forum logo changed colour? 👀

It’s very slight, I’ll give you that :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: but I couldn’t help but notice the slight tweak to the monzo logo used for the community forum :grin:

Was this intentional or is Discourse playing games with me? :joy:

Screenshot_20190115-181302 Screenshot_20190115-181307

2 Likes

Wow… how did you notice that? Took me a couple of flicks back and forth between your screenshots to notice :joy:
giphy

3 Likes

Here’s another example of the colour difference :wink:

monzo.com

vs

community.monzo.com

Much darker overall appearance :eyes:

2 Likes

Rightfully earned Hot Coral Detective™ title. :clap:t2:

7 Likes

I’ve just got an eye for colours and played loads of spot the difference as a kid :joy:

(Ok, maybe it’s years of quality checking at work :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: but the other reason is far more fun :yum:)

1 Like

It could be Discourse but it’d surprise me. The community logo is stored as a PNG which is lossless. It would be weird for Discourse to try and optimise the image.

monzo.com’s logo is an svg but stored inline, so if Monzo has recently updated it’s palette, any logo updates would only go into effect after the next update to the website (which Monzo might also do weekly). Moreover I think monzo.com sits behind a Cloudflare cache so there may be further delays to an update.

Whereas a Monzo Community Admin can obviously just change the logo through the panel for this forum.

:eyes:

1 Like

Haha! Thanks :smile:

I found the favicon in through Chrome’s inspect element but yeah the logo is an SVG sadly :stuck_out_tongue:

I checked out the sources for Discourse & the main site, both coming from different places and both certainly quite different :stuck_out_tongue: (Also tried a few force refreshes on each site for good measure :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

And one final example :joy:

https://global.discourse-cdn.com/monzo/original/3X/f/d/fd8445e6d0bfcebd2c643ac1522216912e92a086.png

favicon Monzo_logo_avatar_RGB_on%20white%20TRIMMED

I wonder if we’ll see a slightly colour shift across the entire brand :eyes: I think the slightly more muted colours (left) look a bit cleaner :yum: though the other logo (right) certainly jumps out the page a bit more :thinking:

3 Likes

This change happened late last week I think. Slightly nicer appearance overall. I put it down to having switched to the dark theme, but perhaps not!

2 Likes

I am glad I wasn’t the only one to notice!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.