Monzo USA Team Update - October 5th

Monzo Weekly Update

Hello! June here from the US Operations team with an extra juicy weekly update to make it up to you for missing the past few :see_no_evil:Here’s what you should know this week :

We’re taking this show on the road!

We’re kicking off another string of events in US cities and can’t wait to talk you through our vision, hear about what you’d like us to build, and hand out some t-shirts! First up is Los Angeles on Thursday October 10th with more dates and cities to be announced soon. If you can join us at our office in LA please register here

Merchant Enrichment (aka what makes your transaction feed beautiful! :heart_eyes:)

How to make your feed more beautiful

If you see anything that’s not quite right (store names that are incomplete or followed by a string of numbers, logos that don’t belong, etc.) please let us know.

You can do this by tapping on the feed item and scrolling all the way down on the next screen to where you’ll see the option to “Improve name, location or logo”

How does it work?

When a Monzo card is used somewhere for the first time a task is created which allows us to check the transaction data and make sure it’s been enriched correctly.

We’ve been going through these over the past few weeks to clean up data that was incomplete on our system.

Hopefully as a result, you’ve seen a lot more logos, locations, and store names being corrected on your feed :crossed_fingers:

That’s all for this week. Thanks in advance for your help - we couldn’t build Monzo without you - as always please let me know if you have any questions or feedback about the app - hope to see some of you next week in LA! :sunglasses:

10 Likes

Extra juicy…:thinking::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Please don’t feel you have to post weekly! It’s early days and changing the entire US banking scene takes time

On a side note, are you guys sharing merchant data with Monzo back in the UK? I’ve personally put towards a few improvements from my time in the USA, but damn I’m up for some improved merchant data when I head back to the land of the free :eagle:

3 Likes

Could we perhaps have another update on Monzo US?

Understand weekly is a bit of an ask but monthly updates would be nice to see how its all coming on.

2 Likes

I’m also curious to see what’s in the works for us. It’s a work in progress so I imagine there are lots of things coming up that should bring the experience closer to what UK users get.

I have asked for one :slight_smile: Watch this space!

3 Likes

Perfect, thanks Simon.

I know there will probably be a few bits and bobs in the future of monzo talks but havent got around to watching them all yet just toms talk and the q&a one

1 Like