Monzo tops MSE customer service poll

Honestly, FD’s customer service has been top notch every single time I’ve needed them. The main reason I was convinced to switch is that FD’s app is a bit dated, and the security (even for me with qualifications in IT and a security conscious person) was a little overkill with multiple code generators and no way to re-install the app even if you use a back-up restore. Monzo’s app seemed to hit a better note of secure but convenient, while the lure of having the easy options for splitting bills and such with @katewilliams (Hi!) made it seem like a decent second choice. Then when I played with the app and found more conveniences like putting payments in to categories I figured I may as well just CASS across and use it all as intended. No one thing was a game-changer when coming from a well respected bank like FD, but the fluffies like “User experience” and “Day to day journey” along with the now well known frictionless ability to switch are what tipped it for me. We will see how it pans out when my switch completes, but I am sure it will all be fine.

3 Likes

Its important not to get too carried away.

1. MSE polls, unlike some others, are not done scientifically and depend purely on who votes.

2. First Direct have received consistently good ratings for years from many sources.

3. As the MSE article says, last time MSE ran the poll, Monzo didn’t even receive the 100 votes required to be counted in their rankings.

2 Likes

Also worth noting that MSE still RECOMMENDS First Direct, as they offer other incentives.

Plus, I’m still not massively convinced that the poll wasn’t just gamed by us! It’s a good thing that the Monzo community is vibrant, I don’t think I’ve seen anything like this with another bank - does FD have a community forum at all?

Can’t remember anyone posting about that poll here for a long time, might have missed it

3 Likes

I think places like Twitter and Facebook would be more likely to be where these things happened. I can remember Starling doing a few “vote for us!” tweets a while back.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.