Monzo-to-Monzo Payments Come to the Current Account!

Sort of and not really, as this is frictionless. It allows Monzonauts to pay each other without first having to register a mobile number with an organisation such as a PayM.

4 Likes

And M2M includes a more personal name and picture of them and the ability to add a note w/ emojis.

4 Likes

Fair points! I just hope we end up with Paym fallback for those without Monzo, further down the line.

4 Likes

@tristan … is there any improvements on payments in/out not being included in spending? My spending tab is pretty much useless due to transfers in and out counting in the figures :tired_face:

4 Likes

@tristan

If you are a CA Preview, but also an alpha prepaid customer that uses testflight, what happens?

Will my blue app continue to be test flight?

The testflight app will eventually expire.

Before that, you will be able to merge your current and prepaid apps in the prepaid app.

Yes, I believe so. @Jami can provide more details though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Having payments in being reflected in spending is my most desired update, over anything else.

I’m assuming the blue app will continue to run a testflight version. It’s just the white one that will will be leaving us.

Hey @harryru - this is on our list, but not part of this update I’m afraid. I hope we get to it soon!

1 Like

Ah, that’s a shame. I literally can’t use Monzo until this is sorted, the main tool I use is the spending tab (to see where I’m often going wrong). Hopefully a fix is in soon.

1 Like

This is superb new guys

I am on preview and android, should I expect this week or next to migrate?

3 Likes

Will the Monzo to Monzo payment work from the transaction (split cost) ?

1 Like

So I have a current account and prepaid card as well, on the Android apps there doesn’t seem to be an option to migrate from one to the other and I haven’t received an email (been past a week) is there something I need to do? Should I be using the white or blue app?

@louisotto you will see a message line in the screenshot below on your prepay app once you have been invited to upgrade/transfer

After you would have gone through the process Blue prepay app would become your main and only app.

Is that the same if you already have and use the current account (white app) daily? The banner seems to hint at it being ‘ready’ but I already know mine is, I use it daily :slight_smile:

yes, it’s a more rapid process if you have the preview CA already

That’s good to hear, I hope my invitation to upgrade arrives soon - would be nice to have everything consolidated in the single app.

jordan said that everything was going well and they hope to accelerate the process now, so it shouldn’t be too long - do you have the testflight PP app?