Monzo-to-Monzo Payments Come to the Current Account!

If you’ve already upgraded to the Monzo current account, you can now pay your contacts with Monzo-to-Monzo payments! :tada:

For those on the prepaid card or on the current account preview, have a read for detail on how you’ll be able to upgrade :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Is this monzo.me …?

Nope, not yet — just pure payments to your contacts :slight_smile:

Ta

Thank you ever so much

NB: For those on the Preview, we’ll be inviting you to do the full upgrade very soon! App updates are rolling out as we speak on Android and later this week for iOS to enable it

14 Likes

That’s great news. I was expecting that the lack of P2P transfers would discourage me from upgrading. :grinning:

It’s really impressive how quickly you push these features out. Well done, and thanks! :grinning:

3 Likes

And Monzo-to-Monzo payments will work from current account <> prepaid and vice versa, if you have friends still on the prepaid card :slight_smile:

12 Likes

It’s that easy! With Android Pay just launched and more new features just around the corner, we’re really excited about building out the current account over the next few months :tada:

Just noticed the quote at the bottom of the blog that says more new features and links to Pots - Just around the corner :slight_smile: Excited much!

7 Likes

Brill! Is this coming to Testflight first, or will the App Store version overtake it briefly?

This is great. Cant wait to merge the PP with my Monzo CA

However, I really hope monzo.me isn’t going to disappear!!??

3 Likes

Monzo.me is not currently supported on the CA but its on the list apparently.

1 Like

It’s there to stay, but not a priority functionality to add to CA:

Hmm… Not sure how keen I am to fully migrate to the CA until monzo.me is working :confused:

I know monzo.me is relatively new, but I find it really useful since not all of my friends have Monzo (despite my best attempts! :wink: ), so at the moment fully migrating to the CA would be quite a backwards step (I’d have to use PayPal, cash or good old bank transfers)! But then, it sounds like the only way to get M-2-M payments working on my CA is to fully migrate… sigh

3 Likes

I think the aim is to have fully parity between prepaid and CA before prepaid is closed down.

1 Like

I think Ive used Monzo.me once since it was introduced last December :slight_smile:

1 Like

CASS?

More, politer words here

There won’t be any more updates to the Current Account Preview app (the one with the white background) from now on :slight_smile: Everything is going into the blue app

14 Likes

Haha, I quickly went into my white Current Account app to check and then realised this was only for the fully migrated CA users haha, good to know we will be invited in the next week or so :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ve got to confess, I don’t really fully understand the purpose behind monzo-to-monzo without monzo.me. Isn’t it just a Paym implementation secluded to Monzo instead of the wider Paym group? Is there any plan to also implement Paym?

1 Like