Monzo Plus - what would you like to see?

It’s hidden in this thread somewhere! I spotted it earlier!

2 Likes

I have managed to get access to the queue on android by pasting the link ( monzo://monzo_plus_signup ) into Slack as suggested then clicking on it in there.

Strange workaround but it works!

2 Likes

Would you pay £3 a month for this, out of curiosity?

You are slightly wrong, but I see how you got to that point.

“I don’t like this method of offering additional content but I would pay individually for certain insurances including gadget insurance if it matched or beat my current offerings, which if decent enough I’d be happy with £10 personally”

Phone insurance varies so much. Given my current phone is worth upwards of £1,300 then I expect to pay more but equally I don’t like a large excess and also want theft included.

These things are why I said “around £10” because the details matter, but for the purposes of this thread, brevity is better.

1 Like

I’m sure we would, and I don’t think any of us believe it will happen, they’ve ignored us in recent previous issues, and from the response it doesn’t sound like they really want to change this direction.

1 Like

I’ve already said no in this thread. I’m happy with the hot coral card. I don’t go overseas. But I don’t begrudge anyone who wants to sign up

1 Like

Part of me thinks that this is such a bad idea that it was quite deliberate, with a ‘sorry, we got it wrong’ post already scheduled to go out. Marketing.

2 Likes

It’s £3 because they’ve released a half backed product and are hoping to get what little money they can. Lets be honest, they’ve offered nothing here, and are very quiet on the cost of the travel insurance which by all accounts looks to have been completed on their end.

They absolutely know what price they want to offer those other features at, id be very interested to know. I’m sure it would allow us to solidify just how bad or good a deal this actually is. So far its a joke and an insult.

2 Likes

I think what you’re asking for is fine. Hopefully when Monzoplus is fully rolled out you get what you like.

I think we’re in similar boats. Right now it’s a never, but I’ll look at it with fresh eyes in the future when it is built upon.

I guess that might be the impression of some on the forum but it might not be Monzo’s reflection of it if there’s a shed load of people signed up for the waiting list already?

Okay let me clarify - do you think that it is good value? Your response to someone asking you if you were saying that they’ve launched it prematurely was “Nope. That’s why it’s £3 now”, so that implies that you’re comfortable with the current price point for what you get - am I right in saying that? I’m just trying to make sure I understand your POV.

1 Like

I’ve just read through 168 comments and everyone is saying the same thing that for £3 the offerings are ridiculous and for £6 ludicrous. If Monzo holds true to listening to their community they’ll have a little think about the Plus offering.
Nationwide lead the way with products offered and the price so if they can beat that then they’ll certainly be on to winner but for what’s being offered there is zero benefit and nothing but being down £36 in the first year which is pretty bad if Monzo want to help people with their money and not take it away from them.

9 Likes

Or they might be on the brink of releasing some feature of it which would make it excellent value. I guess we’ll have to wait and see.

There are a lot of Monzo fans who are happy to pay for free features.

And of course I wouldn’t completely dismiss the idea that it might improve.

However Monzo have presented something here and asked for our opinions. Overwhelmingly (I would argue) this is negative. Like, very negative.

And this isn’t the offerings per say, it’s the method that has got people’s backs here.

1 Like

I think it’s key to remember we are just a vocal minority on the forums.

This was highlighted to me during the Crowdcube term changes.

4 Likes

Its my top post on my profile…I’m a lead critic.

Very underwhelming!

It’s interesting, there are a number of people in my work who use Monzo and don’t come anywhere near the forums, they love Monzo its the hip thing and the Monzo marketing works wonders on them even if it actually costs them.

2 Likes

If you’re announcing a service, announce the best benefits you can get from it. It’s marketing 101. Otherwise, well, this happens.

3 Likes

I suppose I’m not saying that you do like it or would get it, but to me personally the fact that there is even a debate on this model is kinda sad.

Like… it’s not even understandable WHY this is how it is. Literally I cannot think of any reason why, and the mere entertaining of it, even just as this being “not for me but fine” just really irks me.

(And I actually don’t know why… maybe I’m just hangry :stuck_out_tongue:)