Monzo Plus - what would you like to see?

Very poor card quality. Used my card once at ATM

2 Likes

Am I wrong in thinking I’d seen it said somewhere they were rolling it out in the order people joined the waiting list?

It just seems that, to my very simple mind, I must have been one of the first few-ish to sign up once the waiting list was released but haven’t yet received an invite.

The amount of people getting cards and accounts on here seems to suggest that a good amount are being rolled out but perhaps it’s just perception.

2 Likes

I think it’s random from what I gather in the two Plus threads.

3 Likes

AFAIK, this is correct!

1 Like

This is most disappointing to see as at the moment the card is literally the only reason to sign up for the base offer.

I’ll have to pop mine in the ATM a few times before the cooling off period is up and see how it fares.

1 Like

@BritishLibrary @katewilliams
This is the post I was thinking of from 5 days ago where @tjvr says they are working from the beginning:

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing! Hopefully they’ll get around to everyone fairly soon.

1 Like

That’s not the point @hodka was making though, if you think about it.

The time and effort spent on Plus is time and effort better spent (in his view) on core banking and providing a differentiated service.

If he feels that strongly about it, then the ultimate option is to close and go elsewhere.

1 Like

Sure. But @hodka doesn’t have any influence over how Monzo spends its time and effort. The best signal which can be sent is to not subscribe.

I signed up to the wait list, but won’t be subscribing to Monzo Plus because I see no value to me. That sends an economic signal to Monzo.

4 Likes

I wonder if these was a dodgy run of cards? I’m seeing similar results here…

IMG_20190514_192005

IMG_20190514_192427

Wonder if anyone’s able to shed some light, possibly @rika?

5 Likes

I should note this card is unused, just taken out of the envelope

4 Likes

Wow, that is not good.

3 Likes

If the card is just taken out of the envelope, is the white stuff not just bits of paper?

Mine was covered in similar white stuff, just assumed it was from the paper thing it came in and swept it off.

The CVV and chip are dodgy on mine just like the other images. I paid for something using chip and pin and got my card in and out of my Secrid wallet a few times - no scratches yet but I’ll see how it fares in a week or so. If bad, I’ll cancel and revert to hot coral I think. No other reason at the moment to keep Monzo Plus

Yep, agree - companies look for conversions, a low number of those will give a message.

1 Like

What bugs me the most about that pic (and it’s something that seems to affect most credit & debit cards, it’s not just Monzo issue) is the fact that the CVV number has pierced through to the front of the card… shame that they’re coming through like that though, and by the look of things scratching easily… but it’s early days for Plus I guess! Bring on the metal cards? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

As for what I’d like to see in Monzo Plus… two things:

1. Free cash deposits at PayPoint

Maybe set a limit, I dunno… three deposits per year? It’s something done very infrequently by most, but when you need to pay in cash, it’s needed. Not having to pay for that when I did have to would definitely be great! (Even better, let Monzo Plus customers pay in at the post office!)

1. This mag stripe

It’s. So. Beautiful.

It just blends right in with the card. You’d hardly know it was there.

9 Likes

100% agree :+1:

2 Likes

Going to throw mine in here too along with the others…

https://community.monzo.com/t/monzo-plus-roadmap-for-2019/66624/334?u=ordog

Hi everyone, we’ve just shared a blog post with our vision and roadmap for the future of Monzo Plus:

So let’s carry on the discussion in this new thread:

Thanks!

1 Like