Monzo Plus: External Account Integration

Savings - Other : FirstSave

20% “someone else” in the current account poll but no missing current accounts mentioned in the chat.

Who are the “someone else” votes for in the current account poll?

1 Like

I don’t see Barclays, Halifax, Lloyd’s, or NatWest in that Current Accounts poll results.

Are they covered in Plus already?

Those are already supported

2 Likes

Curious too then.

Perhaps voters mis-read the question :man_shrugging:

Birmingham Midshires mortgage

Not sure if it should fall under Savings or Investments, but NS&I is the only obvious one that’s not on the list for me.

6 Likes

Odd to see requests for Barclaycard… Since it is supported. It connected for me via Barclays.

1 Like

Money Dashboard (old) did it, but was a web-scraper.

2 Likes

Adding my comment from the closed Plus thread

1 Like

NS&I for savings – I can see them taking a lot of money this year

4 Likes

100% NS&I. Can’t see them on any open banking service yet.

3 Likes

Metro bank - for convenience of paying in cash (for me).
Amex - as that’s where most of my spending is.
AJ Bell - as that’s where my investment portfolio is. See from a quick google that they have APIs so really hoping this might happen.

That’s because they don’t support open banking. They have however said they will support it by 2021

1 Like

Ah thanks for the link. Did not realise.

I think all banks building societies should be included

If monzo wants to be a market place then they should have a place for to open current accounts and savings with other banks and building societies etc doing all the work within the monzo app that could drive people to join monzo

1 Like

Wowowowowowowowowow

I’ve connected 3 big banks to my Monzo through the new feature…

I was initially hesitant due to the terrible old school integrations that I’ve had to use in the past, that take ages, requiring you to remember all your credentials

How I was pleasantly surprised.

If you’re logged in to your other bank account app, it’s a redirect their to confirm for permission, and a redirect back to Monzo!!!

It’s the future :clap:

3 Likes

Most building societies don’t support open banking.

1 Like

Except for Nationwide! I had to use the rubbish online banking via safari!

Barclaycard made me go through safari too.

1 Like

I think some of them do. Coventry, for example, has open banking available - just that no one seems to integrate with them. Too small a customer base, maybe?

1 Like