Monzo Labs: Ordering Accounts and Pots

Send them to the moon with no internet until they have completed it :wink: :rofl:

Hahaha yeah should work. They might need a little more time though, I hear it’s takes a while to get the the moon :rofl:

1 Like

Then they’ll have plenty of time to code. I’m sure someone else can drive :rofl:

1 Like

Just tried out the new category selector, and I have to say that it’s not been designed well for phones with smaller screens. The spacing seems excessive and requires scrolling, and the icons are tiny with a lot of empty circle around. The old selector was more tightly spaced and had larger icons, so was much better.

On an iPhone SE (4" screen) – Old:

On an iPhone SE (4" screen) – New:

:sob:

At least I can turn it off for now. Any chance of tweaking the new design to work better on smaller screen sizes?

6 Likes

This finally enabled itself on my Android device, so I reordered a couple of my pots… however, it seems to have confused my iPhone.

The two pots I have no seem to jump between positions, and in one case the jump happened without visual information when I pressed the withdraw button (it took me to the withdraw screen for the other pot).

Any further in regards to the reordering of the pots? This feature would really relieve my minor OCD :joy:

1 Like

See Bruno’s post a few posts up. It ain’t happening any time soon.

Yeah, I’m calling out that casual flippancy. It’s not cool to pretend you’ve got a serious mental disorder. Do you even know what OCD really is?

5 Likes

Give up trying mate - it falls on deaf ears.

iOS users should resign to the fact that they are not included and anywhere near inclusive when it comes to first line roll out of new ideas.

1 Like

Apart from the Monzo app being released for iOS about a year before Android you mean?

It’s like scales, put too much weight on one side and it becomes unbalanced. iOS will catch up, you just need to be patient.

15 Likes

The moat sensible post on this thread :point_up_2: :point_up_2: :point_up_2:

1 Like

Yes, if you read my post earlier up the thread that’s exactly what I am doing.
It’s an opinion, not a whine !

1 Like

whynotboth.gif

2 Likes

Not really. From personal experience it’s hard to put 2 developers on 1 feature especially if it can’t be broken down a lot. If there’s a lot of overlap you’ll spend more time fixing merge conflicts than actually just having 1 developer implementing the feature. Plus depending on the level of experience you’re going to have to accommodate for that during code reviews etc. In a perfect world it would work but alas it is not :frowning:

1 Like

I have a hunch that Ordering Pots will be a Plus feature (behind the paywall)…

Is it only sensible if it’s surrounded by water? :wink: (sorry, not sorry, it’s Friday after all…)

1 Like

It’s already available on Android so… I very much doubt it.

2 Likes

#:apple:/:android: Payrity

2 Likes

Ha! That WOULD put the :cat2: among the :bird:

1 Like