Monzo Labs: Connected Credit Cards

I really like this feature and I’m not sure if this will ever be possible but it’d be great to be able to click on my barclaycard in app and pay it off all through Monzo. That way I wouldn’t have to swap to the barclaycard app to pay it off manually

6 Likes

Credit limit not being shown for me either?

Nice work though :+1:

Edit: I closed and rebooted app and now available credit showing (is the credit limit meant to appear? If so, it doesn’t)

I agree that’s a great idea and as way to do it

I’ve set up barclaycard as a payee, so send all my payments through Monzo.

I wonder if Monzo could do that on our behalf - sent the payment from our bank account with our card number as the reference?

5 Likes

I also do this… with card number as the reference.

Saves alot of bother with the 3d secure

1 Like

We just discussed this in our planning meeting almost at the exact same time. great minds :wink:

11 Likes

I have tried to add my Barclaycard to monzo but when i get to the truelayer screen and enter my details i just get an error saying I’ve entered the wrong credentials, despite having logged in to myBarclaycard via desktop using the same credentials. Shame because this would be a really handy feature

Nifty!

The way I could see it working is:

1. You click on the card
  2. It takes you to a page with card amount, details and a list of transactions
  3. There’s a “pay balance” button that opens the bank transfer screen like when I pay a friend / send an amount via bank transfer
  4. Your card number is auto-populated as the payment reference and Monzo auto fills the credit card account details to send the money to
6 Likes

Any chance you 6 digits PIN is only 5 digits long?

1 Like
  • If the connection flow works, or not
    • It did, had to force quit the app and the new account screen appeared
  • If your balance and available credit are correct, or not
    • Both showed and correct!
  • Whether or not it helps to see your balance listed within Monzo.
    • It is helpful, but would be cool if it was more like Yolt and could see transactions
  • What problems you think this could solve for you, with a little more work.
    • Just being able to see all balances in one place is the dream

I had this a couple of times.

Keep trying, it does eventually work.

There any ways to remove my Barclaycard now? :slight_smile:

Opt out of the feature in Labs and we’ll clean everything up.

1 Like

Switch it off in Labs?

[response collision with Jami’s!]

I have this same problem too. 100% sure I’m entering my details correctly. Wondering if it could be because I haven’t used my Barclaycard in over 6 months and have a £0 balance?

Something like this? (Designs are work in progress!)

(Tap the images to view the full thing - how do I format images?!!?!)

28 Likes

Updated 14 mins ago. So you stored card details?

Aha, the full tidy up work isn’t wrapped up yet I don’t think.

2 Likes

Might just be me but the progress bar on that design confuses me, should it not be the other way round?

You have £4,154 available as credit so that should be to the left and £0 should be to the right because that’s what you’re working towards to clear the -£1,046.32… if that makes sense?

Perhaps I’m overthinking it and my brain is on shutdown today :crazy_face:

3 Likes

My Barclaycard app passcode is 5 digits but my Barclaycard online passcode is 6 digits :man_shrugging:

2 Likes