Monzo Labs: Connected Credit Cards

:eyes: :pray:

7 Likes

Thanks for flagging about Halifax @Chris_R, @monzo2018 - I’ll look into it!

4 Likes

Seconded :joy: I’m too impatient to wait

Any news on MBNA which seems to have been in staff testing for ages and I think was one of the top requested cards to support?

1 Like

I raised weeks ago my Lloyd’s card isn’t updating. Can you check that out too please. :hugs:

My Natwest card isn’t updating either

I spoke to Barclaycard today and they plan to be on the new TrueLayer system by Jan 2020, they are doing all their Christmas work now to get it out of the way?
They said the reason for the delay is because they are merging the Barclaycard App and the Barclays app into one

1 Like

Wonder what features the Barclaycard app had that the main Barclays didn’t once you connected the credit card under in?

1 Like

You can now use any app. They are exactly the same now. It’s just the Barclaycard app that has had a makeover. Used to look like trash now it looks good.

Hey @mycl just wondering if there was any update on this? My connected Halifax credit cards still don’t update.

Same issue here.

Is this still active? I’d love to be able to add my Barclaycard however nothing is showing up in my Monzo Labs??

Barclaycard is not currently available. It was tested initially but there were some issues with their open banking connection which have not yet been resolved. The company Monzo use to facilitate open banking connections have said they are hoping to have Barclaycard working soon

But connections for some other credit cards are currently working.

2 Likes

Still did disappointed that MBNA isn’t enabled yet.

Oh I see! Thanks for the reply :slight_smile:

And update on this from roughly 2 months ago? :frowning_face:

So far it looks like nobody is approaching Open Banking seriously from legacy banks and credit providers…
Not surprising! They all want users to use their first-party apps which are mostly… slow and cumbersome.

As far as I understand its only the CMA9 that were made to do it, five of them missed the boat but they all do it now.

Others it’s just choice if/when they get on board. :man_shrugging:

I am unable to see this feature in my Monzo Labs section. I have latest version of iOS app