Monzo Labs: Connected Credit Cards

It’s an Amex only issue, related to how aggregators currently access Amex data. We’re working with TrueLayer to resolve it.

The setup we currently have should make supporting credit cards from the top banks not a huge amount of additional work. The main challenge is keeping an eye on differences between how each provider models their information, so we can ensure a consistent experience within Monzo - which is why we’re going slowly.

9 Likes

And I have my balance :tada: a notification to let me know that it had come through might have been nice.

7 Likes

Exited the process while trying to take a screenshot after I’d entered my info and gotten the “connected” screen, and the feed item for connecting my card has re-appeared :sweat_smile:

Ah pesky pesky AMEX.

Thanks for the reply, great to see Labs getting a run-out! shame I haven’t got a Barclay card!

1 Like

OK, connected. Balance and credit limit are accurate.

3 Likes

Had to force-quit the app to get the new account screen to show, but my balance is actually there!

4 Likes

Woooohooo!

Side note, I am loving the new account tab! No more horizontal scrolling :hot_coral_heart:

5 Likes

It takes a few minutes to fetch your cards the first time, we’re yet to add a nice ‘loading’ state.
Balance etc looking correct?

2 Likes

I feel this screen (if possible) could be a little more ‘Monzo’. Plus the ‘allow’ button could be a a darker shade of blue, at the minute it feels as if you have to do something first for it to allow you to move on.

All connected up though! I do agree with what @alexs said and it would be nice to have a notification once the balance appears.

4 Likes

Done! :raised_hands:

20190326_113748

7 Likes

Balance is correct, as is the limit :slight_smile:

1 Like

Agreed - this is something hosted by TrueLayer, we could do a light amount of styling - but there are limits to how much we can do.

6 Likes

I REALLLY want that new Account Tab :sleepy::sleepy:

1 Like

I REALLLLY want custom pot images :rofl: :wink:

2 Likes

Turn on the Monzo labs feature (barclaycard), force quit the app, and ta daaaaaa.

7 Likes

Touché my friend Touché :rofl:

1 Like

Are there any plans to show basic transactions in the app if you tap on the card, or just balance?

It would be nice if I could see my credit card from my joint account screen, since I don’t use my personal account.

1 Like

I thought this was already available or am I missing some context?