Monzo Labs: Connected Credit Cards

Can you clarify, I’m not sure what you mean by “Barclaycard login details” because, for example my only login credentials which allowed me to see a card balance could be those those that I use to login to my internet banking in which the cards would be displayed.
I Don’t have a Barclaycard credit card but Halifax/B.O.Scotland and Santander are certainly displayed within their internet banking.

I haven’t lost my link to my Barclaycard details in my Personal Account, but noticed (after upgrading to Beta 2.43.0) that the option to link to a Barclaycard account was displaying in the Account tab of our Joint Account. But…

Hi Jami,

Another bit of feedback from the Lab. You mentioned it sounds like I am using an older version of the Monzo App, it appears you’re right. However…

This was up to date and as far as my AppStore indicates, it still is. It seems it has reverted back to an earlier version and gives a holistic view into my accounts instead of the normal ‘swipe sideways’ to view pots etc.

Does that make sense?

Seems like the latest Android Beta update has removed my Barclaycard link in the app.

Same on iOS. I’ve lost my Barclaycard.

“Swipe Sideways” is the old Account layout - the “Holistic” view is the new Account layout - however there have been some issues with this so it has in the main version been reverted (someone please confirm) but If you have the Labs on this new view remains.

1 Like

The ‘Connect your Barclaycard’ button shouldn’t be showing on Joint Accounts - that’s an oversight we’ll fix up ASAP.

1 Like

Me too iOS Barclaycard disappeared. Shame the balance didn’t go too :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Those on iOS saying your card has disappeared - are you still on the new Account Tab layout, or was it disabled for you (we disabled the new layout for those in the Testflight group, to limit the effects of a bug)?

I am back to horizontal pots and even though I have tried to re-add my card it is not appearing.

I am on the TF app though.

I still have the new layout on TestFlight…

Shame it was a bug and not intentional…

The outcome of my experience; Couldn’t link to my Barclaycard using the Joint Account at all - not surprising knowing what I know now! - but successfully re-linked it with my Personal Account.

Android, Beta 2.43.0

Same here - maybe we’re not part of the TestFlight group (despite being on the TestFlight) @Jami speaks of :smiley:

The flow worked pretty smoothly, but when prompted for the card number and numeric code the wrong keyboard was displayed. I would expect the number pad rather than the standard qwerty one.

The new accounts tab then did not appear until I restarted the app about 10 minutes later.

I now have the correct balance showing. To be honest this is of little use to me without the actual transactions, so I shall probably turn the feature off in the hope of getting the old cleaner looking accounts tab back.

Please add me to the Amex testings when possible! That is the most anticipated Monzo feature this year form me, I’d be more than happy to help out QA the hell out of it!!

If you disable and re-enable the feature in Labs, you should get the new layout back. Sorry about that!

You need to add yourself.

Make sure you’re using the Beta/Testflight version of the app, then keep an eye on here for when it is available in Labs. You can then opt in, test it and provide feedback :slight_smile:

Any idea how to get the Testflight app? :grinning:

No sorry I’m on Android. Someone on here will be able to tell you or you could Google it :slight_smile:

Not sure if it’s intentional, but I had to re-add my Barclaycard after installing Android Beta 2.43.0 and the “Connect Barclaycard” button hasn’t disappeared.

PhotoEditor_20190411_170251371

1 Like