Monzo in the media

This makes sense but they do start the email with “Hi I’m Gia”

4 Likes

Monzo getting some referencing here for how good Virtual Cards are!

1 Like

They’re not actually called Gia or Cleo, they just forgot what name they were using between starting the email and finishing it?

I know that isn’t their real name, but surely you can remember your fake Monzo work name between the start and end of your email.

2 Likes

Of all the explanations, I think the one that makes the most sense to me is the outsourcing one.

Because that’s where these sorts of errors are really common.

3 Likes

And that’s why Monzo support is so stellar! But for them to outsource complaints, too…

3 Likes

Apple is taking its time but nudging into the banking industry. It has done this with many other industries. I wonder if Monzo should be more worried about Apple, than legacy banks catching up. The convenience of Apple’s ecosystem will give it a big advantage the more features it rolls out, and finally extends into the UK.

3 Likes

I’ve said it before many times… Apple should buy Monzo

That’s the only way to get into UK banking properly with a modern back-end that works.

That might even force me to use an iPhone, so come on Tim - splash the cash.

9 Likes

The patriotism in me doesn’t want Monzo to be bought. It’s such a great company and a genuine leader in the industry - no reason why it can’t expand and stand on its own two feet.

1 Like

Apple buying Monzo would mean big things, Imagine having TimApple at the helm! It would be “a very exciting time for Apple”!

Given that Plus for JAs is “too difficult” I’d say modern back end that just about works.

5 Likes

Oh, absolutely. I’m the same except it’s more of a ‘why hasn’t it happened yet?’ thing with me.

It just felt like the natural next step for Apple, especially after the card was launched in the US and people here in the UK were crying out for it.

2 Likes

Maybe that’s the big secret in the teardown :smiley:

3 Likes

Maybe they’re buying Starling and that’s why no one can open an account right now. :eyes:

2 Likes

And I only just moved away from Starling. :eyes:

1 Like

Monzo_buy_starling <flag=maybe>

4 Likes

Last time I checked Apple had over $150bn cash reserve so buying Monzo for $10bn would like pocket change for them :joy:

1 Like

At least one behemoth made an offer years and years ago… I’m not gonna name names. But I will say there was both strategic alignment and an insane amount of money on the table.

If they weren’t gonna sell then, I don’t see why they would now.

IPO far, far more likely. Particularly if the next couple of product launches go well :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Because the ideologically driven people have either left or are in the minority and TS wants a payday?

Do tell :eyes:

5 Likes

Was it another financial institution? PE? Tech company?