Monzo Impersonation - Attempted Fraud

While I might personally be okay with that, that sounds an absolutely minefield for ADA regulations, screen readers, accessibility et al

If you get it wrong your money is automatically wired to a Nigerian prince, your account deleted and your phone self-combusts

2 Likes

While I would have no problem with this, the “I am highly intelligent and this is mortally offensive to me in my status as a genius!” brigade would flood the community and social media in force. It would be like the complaints about Confirmation of Payee times a thousand.

2 Likes

Never negotiate with terrorists.

Like the TV providers have managed to get themselves the power to live block IPs across all ISPs of servers illegally sharing sports , Banks should get similar powers to block phishing and fraud infrastructure such as web sites and phone/sms systems.

Obviously easier said than done, but people’s money is way more important than the TV companies losing money.

Some information here

1 Like

Starker still this week I see. The email title has changed as well. Good to see

Alternatively, once identified as a vector of fraud, stop sending them and look at more traditional authentication methods. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.