Monzo for Android - Release Notes (v2!)

Hey everyone!

Exciting times! This week we’re releasing v2 of our apps, which we’re calling “Monzo 2.0”. We’ve also announced a big list of new features coming soon.

The 2.0 release rolls out the new Summary tab for all users. This was previously a Monzo Labs feature, so thanks to everyone who tried it out and gave us their feedback!

Here’s the full release notes:

Here’s version 2.0! There’s lots of new things for you:

Summary is here for everyone! We’ve been testing Summary in Labs and it’s now here for everyone to enjoy. You can set when your month starts (when you get paid) and see how much you have left to spend throughout the month. Big buys you’ve been saving up for can be excluded from your targets. So you won’t be in the red.

You can delete payees in the Payments tab and challenge transactions you don’t recognise with Transaction Challenge.

Enjoy!

Please share your feedback below :heart:

Is there a timeframe for deleting payees coming to iOS?

1 Like

Monzo for iPhone - Release Notes (v2!)

1 Like

Thanks @Jackcrwhitney :slight_smile:

(Although I’ve seen a few reports that it might not be working on iOS. We’re investigating…)

2 Likes

Ugh. Sorry - brain’s not working today obviously. Cheers.

I can confirm it doesn’t I think @kieranmch posted about it the other day,

EDIT:

Swipe to delete

I’ve enabled it now. Let me know if there are any issues (make sure you are on the latest app version as well to avoid bugs)

4 Likes

Hi,

I reported a bug in person when Monzo were in Manchester recently, but v2.0.3 of the android app still seems to exhibit it. Specifically…

1. Ensure you have a non-integral number of pounds in your main account. (For example 100.45)
  2. Go to any pot’s “Add” screen, notice that the central display is “- 100.45 +”
  3. Tap on/near the dot to position the input caret thus: “- 100|.45 +”
  4. Press backspace on the android keyboard
  5. Notice that the display and caret are now thus: “- 10.45| +” rather than the expected “- 10|.45 +”

This makes deleting the pounds very hard when you’re trying to pop the pence into your coin jar after someone pays you for something. It’s counterintuitive and fails the principle of least surprise.

Also it irritates me on at least a weekly basis :frowning:

D.

2 Likes

We’re now moving to a single thread for release notes on each thread.

Follow along here: