Monzo for Android - Beta Channel Changelog šŸ•µ

Version 2.41.1

No new changelog, no insights from my teardown :eyes:

Thisā€™ll be a bug fix release to a bug which I canā€™t track down :innocent:

3 Likes

Version: 2.42.0

Changelog:

Custom pot images :hot_coral_heart:

Teardown: https://community.monzo.com/t/monzo-for-android-teardowns-deep-dives/58518/96?u=nexusmaniac (done :smiley:)

5 Likes

2.42.1 out now with same changelog as above

ISAs for everyone! You can open an ISA in the app today, in the same way youā€™d set up a Savings Pot (head to your Account tab to get started).

Also: thereā€™s nothing more motivating than seeing what youā€™re saving for in front of your very eyes. So now you can choose your own Pot images - be it your dream holiday destination or a brand new hoover (we wonā€™t judge).

Would much rather s/hoover/vacuum cleaner/ but never mind.
But also ā€¦ why not both?

2 Likes

#hooversNeedHolidaysToo

2 Likes

Screenshot_20190410-233008

3 Likes

Late night beta :yum: Iā€™ve got some screenshots to edit & share :ok_hand::sunglasses:

Plus a full teardown in the morning :raised_hands:

Goodnight all :grin:

3 Likes

Ahhh this must be the new ā€˜Home for notificationsā€™ feature that was someones first job when they started at Monzo. I remember him sharing the screenshots on twitter but I canā€™t remember who it was and I canā€™t find it :frowning_face:

Basically. Notifications will now appear at the top in a carousel to avoid them being missed in your home feed. Plus it negates the need for those annoying red dots :tada:

Yep, I found this on Twitter and posted it on the Scrap the Graph thread

1 Like

Thatā€™s the one! :smiley:

To save everyone a click, here is the image:

Carousel

3 Likes

Itā€™s a cool place for notifications, butā€¦ if you donā€™t clear them then I can imagine it could get a bit annoying them all hanging around in that space.
E.g. I donā€™t clear my interest notifications otherwise thereā€™s no way for me to see my interest gained in any particular month.

Nice idea. The idea could be used for multiple things.

• A place for prediction and spending insights. Similar to what we had in ā€œyour year in monzoā€.

• Shortcuts to things you do regularly within the app based off your regular usage patterns.

So does this mean thereā€™s no room for the pulse now?

Ssshhh

Donā€™t mention it to Danny if true. His number 1 hobby is raging about the pulse graph

12 Likes

Ooh - adding credit card(s) linking - well, Barclaycard(s) linking - is now available with Joint Accounts. Nice.

Edit: Doesnā€™t seem to work. Or doesnā€™t display immediately. Sign up via Truelayer goes OK but Monzo doesnā€™t display credit card details in JA. Will remove card from PA & retry linking in JA in case there is a conflict.

Edit#2: Removed c/card linking in labs and started from scratch in Joint Account - switched on c/card linking in labs, went through the linking process via truelayer & was successfully returned to Monzo who informed it was all successful. But no card details shown at the bottom of the (Joint) Account tab. Only ā€œ+ Connect your Barclaycard accountā€

[Android Beta 2.43.0]
Anyone else seeing the yellow error message at the bottom of the Profile display - shown as soon as the Profile details display?

Screenshot_20190411-075957

It informs of a problem but not what the problem is. Then it disappears. And everything (other than linking to a Barclaycard) seems to work OK.

5 Likes

I am :yum: that was one of the screenshots I wanted to share :joy: Seeing the exact same warning when I head to Profile

1 Like

Heā€™s not alone!!

1 Like

Version: 2.43.0

Changelog:

(@16bitkieran beat me to it :wink:)

Immediately noticeable within the app :eyes:

• Some new animations (I believe) - I will confirm this later :sunglasses:
  • Barclaycard Button :boom:
  • Reoganised Pot creation :honey_pot:

image image

Teardown: https://community.monzo.com/t/monzo-for-android-teardowns-deep-dives/58518/139?u=nexusmaniac (done :smiley:)

1 Like

Another one here.

Maybe because itā€™s lost the connection to Barclaycard. Is it happening to anyone who has NOT linked to Barclaycard?

My Barclaycard was connected and now isnā€™t :frowning: