Monzo for Android - Beta Channel Changelog 🕵

(John) #1059

Any ideas about the monzo map or how to access it? :pray:

(Marcus Nailor, Hot Coral Detective) #1060

Noooo :sob: Not yet :eyes:

As soon as I find out I’ll be sure to shout about it :tada:

I’m guessing it’s a feature_flag :frowning: But as I’m no longer rooted I don’t have the means to find out :frowning:

(John) #1061

Cool, you updated to Android Q as well then :grin:… Weird that they mention monzo maps in the change log but don’t give any access to it :thinking:

(Kavi Dhokia) #1062

Sorry, I forgot to turn on the maps flag :see_no_evil:
Should be there now… Enjoy!

(Marcus Nailor, Hot Coral Detective) #1063

Monzo Maps are live :grin::grin::grin::grin:

Go to accounts > profile > tap beside your profile photo :sunglasses:

Why is there a red dot next to account? (Android)
Android-iOS Parity Wiki
((╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻) #1064

Mine doesn’t seem accurate.

I live in the Northwest but apparently I’ve been to the cinema 100s of miles away :confused:

(Splodf) #1065

Same. I’ve got ATM’s in Scotland and transactions all over the place. Actually worried me more then intrigued me.

((╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻) #1066

Same here. Some of those in Scotland are ATM transactions and I’ve not been there either :confused:

(Marcus Nailor, Hot Coral Detective) #1067

Yeah, I’ve never been to Northern Ireland but I’ve got a Matalan transaction from there :joy:

Some transactions don’t link to the physical location they link to the payment processing location :yum:

This is why you’ll notice some discrepancies :slight_smile:

(Splodf) #1068

Yeah I got that. Real shame because it renders the feature almost useless.

I suppose unless you use it as a travel memento?

((╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻) #1069

If that’s the case, it either needs fixing (somehow) or if it can’t be done it makes the whole feature pretty useless.

In fact, it will probably exacerbate things because people will assume they’re fraudulent transactions and according to my map there’s quite a few :scream:

(Kavi Dhokia) #1070

Yep, we do the best with the merchant data that we’ve got as we don’t use the gps location. Often the payment terminals send a different address (head office for example) to the place that they’re physically located.

On the whole the markers should be reasonably accurate, but there will most likely be a few in places that you weren’t expecting – i’ve seen the middle of the ocean :pirate_flag:

If/when we decide to do some more work on this, then we’ll have to figure out a way of cleaning up the merchant data, which isn’t a particularly easy task…

((╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻) #1071

Like this one one mine?

There are dots all over the place :see_no_evil:

(Splodf) #1072

I don’t think that actually was the TV Licensing company on the phone :wink:

(Nathan) #1073

Come visit, ill buy you a pint!

Great weekend to do it too saying as its st paddys :eyes:

(Stephen Spencer) #1074

That looks like lat,lon 0,0 - should be easy for Monzo to auto-remove locations for anything tagged like that in their DB!

(Marcus Nailor, Hot Coral Detective) #1075

Cheers! :beers:

Busiest weekend of the month for me though :joy: I can’t be making a trip to NI I’m afraid :wink:

(Stephen Early) #1076

That looks like Null Island.

(Kolok) #1077

In one country I visited every single transaction shows on the map by the transaction as the same location, but the worldwide map shows the correct (ish) location

@nexusmaniac What is that screenshot?? What’s happened to your phone?!