Monzo for Android - Beta Channel Changelog 🕵

(Michael) #835

This is definitely my favourite part – the report of your current interest on investments:

(Chris Rimell) #836

Definitely no change showing for me. Still nothing when you view any pots

Ah hang on I’ve just restarted the app and it’s now showing!

(Adam) #837

I like the new pots overview page! It’s just the right amount of detail.

There’s a few things that could be better - for example pressing on the scheduled payment could take you to it.

Also it now makes the Account page look a little clunky as the pots summary page has nice rounded borders around the image compared to how the pots look on Android.

(Marcus Nailor, Hot Coral Detective) #838

Changes coming soon :tm: :wink:

(Marcus Nailor, Hot Coral Detective) #839

Version 2.31.0 :grin::grin: More details to come soon :sunglasses: just driving back from lunch :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Marcus Nailor, Hot Coral Detective) #841

I screenshotted the changelog before it had updated for me :see_no_evil: (I had the new app but not the new changelog)

Good spot :blush: I’ve fixed that now

(Marcel Ruhf) #842

The “refresh-circle” bug (on the Payments screen) has also been fixed apparently.

(Marcus Nailor, Hot Coral Detective) #843

I knew I’d find it! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: There weren’t many user facing changes in this update :eyes:

But I’ve discovered one :smirk:

When you turn on fingerprint authentication there’s a built in keypad - no need for your built in keyboard :grin:

(Adam) #844

One small change I’ve noticed is there’s a mini golden ticket on the payments screen rather than a “1” in a yellow circle.

I have this now too

(Marcel Ruhf) #846

Strange, this seems to have been fixed for me in the latest beta release. What version are you on?

(Simon B) #847

Yep :grinning:

I believe this is due to the possibility that a user could be using a third-party keyboard app which has been compromised. Not sure how common an occurrence that is but it’s possible.

(Marcus Nailor, Hot Coral Detective) #848

Exactly what I put in Slack :wink: Good to know I was in the right ballpark :yum:

Nice to see Monzo prioritising security :sunglasses: And, truthfully, it looks nicer than Google’s numberpad!

I think it could be a touch more responsive… I could type my PIN in incredibly quickly, it feels like some (intentional?) latency has been added with this keypad :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Hopefully it can be fixed in a future update :blush:

(Gareth) #849

It’s a lot better than the keyboard Lloyds give you to type your password in. That thing is impossible to like

Can anyone shed a light on why the team are spending time (and subsequently investor money) on an obsolete aspect of the app?

(Chris Rimell) #851

It’s not an obsolete aspect of the app - you might not like it, but that doesn’t mean it’s obsolete. This is part of Monzo’s strategy for gaining more customers and therefore it’s probably more vital than you’re thinking.

There is a sneak peak that was included in the January journal email that went out today of some additional functionality going into this

We’re improving Golden Tickets

Golden tickets have been a huge part of the Monzo experience for customers keen to spread the word with their friends and family. We’ve been exploring how to unify all the ways to invite people to Monzo in one exciting place, making it easier to keep track of who you’ve invited and who has signed up. We’ll be sharing a very basic first version of this page for feedback really soon! We’ll also be revisiting the incentives we you offer in return for sharing a Golden Ticket. Got ideas on what this could be? Let us know on the forum.|

Without this extra information, the dual methods to do the same thing are overkill. The new plan looks good, so hopefully they’ll clean this up in due course.

Just spotted that this has been fixed! Much tidier :grinning:

Payments is starting to look so much cleaner already haha

Oh, the new referral flow is up. £5 for you and a mate.

(Marcus Nailor, Hot Coral Detective) #855

Version :tada:

Changelog :eyes:

APK Mirror :link:

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/monzo/monzo-bank/monzo-bank-2-32-0-release/monzo-bank-2-32-0-android-apk-download/