Monzo for Android - Beta Channel Changelog šŸ•µ

The ā€œrefresh-circleā€ bug (on the Payments screen) has also been fixed apparently.

4 Likes

I knew Iā€™d find it! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: There werenā€™t many user facing changes in this update :eyes:

But Iā€™ve discovered one :smirk:

When you turn on fingerprint authentication thereā€™s a built in keypad - no need for your built in keyboard :grin:

Screenshot_20190117-141611

8 Likes

One small change Iā€™ve noticed is thereā€™s a mini golden ticket on the payments screen rather than a ā€œ1ā€ in a yellow circle.

PhotoEditor_20190117_152316858

3 Likes

I have this now too

1 Like

Strange, this seems to have been fixed for me in the latest beta release. What version are you on?

Yep :grinning:

I believe this is due to the possibility that a user could be using a third-party keyboard app which has been compromised. Not sure how common an occurrence that is but itā€™s possible.

14 Likes

Exactly what I put in Slack :wink: Good to know I was in the right ballpark :yum:

Nice to see Monzo prioritising security :sunglasses: And, truthfully, it looks nicer than Googleā€™s numberpad!

I think it could be a touch more responsiveā€¦ I could type my PIN in incredibly quickly, it feels like some (intentional?) latency has been added with this keypad :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Hopefully it can be fixed in a future update :blush:

6 Likes

Itā€™s a lot better than the keyboard Lloyds give you to type your password in. That thing is impossible to like

2 Likes

Can anyone shed a light on why the team are spending time (and subsequently investor money) on an obsolete aspect of the app?

Itā€™s not an obsolete aspect of the app - you might not like it, but that doesnā€™t mean itā€™s obsolete. This is part of Monzoā€™s strategy for gaining more customers and therefore itā€™s probably more vital than youā€™re thinking.

There is a sneak peak that was included in the January journal email that went out today of some additional functionality going into this

Weā€™re improving Golden Tickets

Golden tickets have been a huge part of the Monzo experience for customers keen to spread the word with their friends and family. Weā€™ve been exploring how to unify all the ways to invite people to Monzo in one exciting place, making it easier to keep track of who youā€™ve invited and who has signed up. Weā€™ll be sharing a very basic first version of this page for feedback really soon! Weā€™ll also be revisiting the incentives we you offer in return for sharing a Golden Ticket. Got ideas on what this could be? Let us know on the forum.|

8 Likes

Screenshot_20190117-202735

Without this extra information, the dual methods to do the same thing are overkill. The new plan looks good, so hopefully theyā€™ll clean this up in due course.

3 Likes

Just spotted that this has been fixed! Much tidier :grinning:

1 Like

Payments is starting to look so much cleaner already haha

Oh, the new referral flow is up. Ā£5 for you and a mate.

2 Likes

Version :tada:

Changelog :eyes:

Screenshot_20190124-174643

APK Mirror :link:

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/monzo/monzo-bank/monzo-bank-2-32-0-release/monzo-bank-2-32-0-android-apk-download/

Real Changelog Time :wink:

Flux logo has been fixed :boom: The spacing was all off, now itā€™s much better :sunglasses:

(Left old, right new)

Closely related is the ic_receipt_footer.png which goes along with Flux :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

This will eventually sit at the bottom of the transaction (as far as I can tell) to symbolise a receipt :receipt:

Pay Anyone icon has been re-added :raised_hands: Keep an eye out for that in the app soon :tm:

Read more that feature here :grin:

Big green question mark has been removed :eyes:

If memory serves, this was used on a Pay Anyone screenā€¦ I guess it wasnā€™t required for the release version :grin:

Finallyā€¦ The really killer feature :hot_coral_heart:

<string name="card_number_fingerprint_auth_subtitle">Confirm fingerprint to see your card number</string>
<string name="card_number_fingerprint_auth_title">See card number</string>

ic_card_action_pan

Ability to view your PAN (16-digit card number) in the app :heart_eyes:

Itā€™s not ready yet (grr, FeatureFlags!) but damn thatā€™s cool! :sunglasses:

15 Likes

Finally! :partying_face:

This will make things much easier when buying things online. Now I donā€™t have to get up off the couch to get my wallet :rofl:

2 Likes

I have my card details stored in last pass because I have to type it in weekly but cant seem to remember it. Iā€™d much prefer this option! Hopefully there is an feature to copy the card number to clipboard on a button press!

2 Likes

I think Iā€™m going to explode with excitement :exploding_head: :heart_eyes: :raised_hands::rocket:

2 Likes

When you submit a message to COps thereā€™s no longer an extra toggle for ā€œUrgentā€ :grin: it instead gives you a little popup when you hit send :ok_hand:

Much smoother IMO :tada:

3 Likes

This is slick, I havenā€™t tried it on iOS yet though.

Do you reckon it only gives you the option when wait times are over a certain period? If they are already basically 0 itā€™s pointless giving the end user the option.

3 Likes