Monzo for Android - Beta Channel Changelog 🕵

Can anyone see if there is a top limit to how much we can invest in all that code?

Working on a slightly deeper analysis :slight_smile: I don’t beliveve there will be a way to find out (it’s been obfuscated by clever code :wink: … Those pesky Android developers :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

But I’ll share what I can (in the hope that I don’t upset Monzo :speak_no_evil:) going to give some feedback on the PayPoint screen first though :wink:

8 Likes

Latest version of the app is on apk mirror :blush:

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/monzo/monzo-bank/monzo-bank-2-25-0-release/monzo-bank-2-25-0-android-apk-download/

Feel free to go and grab it if the play store hasn’t given you the update yet :wink:

1 Like

Hate to be a stick in the mud but it would have been great if there were more options for the scheduled payments.

e.g. last Wednesday of each month

They’re coming. When these features where released earlier this week they were touted as just the beginning of the rollout.

1 Like

I used to think I needed “penultimate working day”, but after a couple of late payments, I contacted HR, and it turns out they’re completely random!

Offtopic for this channel (well, not really :joy:)

27 likes off hitting 1000 overall likes in this thread :tada::tada::tada: Not too shabby :sunglasses:

7 Likes

On it :yum:

2 Likes

Who’d have known Android was so popular :wink:

4 Likes

Goodness :joy:

Thanks very much @Rat_au_van! :tada::yum:

I’d have never guessed it was this popular :smirk:

7 Likes

Never! 88% of the market share if smart phone OS?

Who would have thunk it?!

@nexusmaniac what happened to the Crowd funding code that you had in this reply?

https://community.monzo.com/t/monzo-for-android-beta-channel-changelog/10207/694

Would i get in trouble if i reposted it? :thinking:

1 Like

I’d wait to see what next week brings :wink:

3 Likes

My lips are sealed :speak_no_evil:

3 Likes

Here we go :tada: For anybody who didn’t spot the standalone post I tore down the Android app and extracted all the crowdfunding bits:

2 Likes

Version 2.25.1 :smile: Looks like a teeny tiny bug fix release :bug:

The changelog remains the same but here’s what we know :eyes:

we changed one line of text to fix a wrapping issue

But that’s not all :joy:

that wasn’t the only change :eyes:

I have no idea what the other change(s) is/are but if I find out I’ll be sure to share :yum:

1 Like

Feels like they’re trolling you at this point, @nexusmaniac!

5 Likes
<string name="peeping_tom">Hi Marcus!</string>
22 Likes

Version 2.26.0 is here! :grin::grin: Changelog:

Screenshot_20181129-201331

APK Mirror: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/monzo/monzo-bank/monzo-bank-2-26-0-release/monzo-bank-2-26-0-android-apk-download/

2 Likes

Changelog:

• ETA / Wait time for Monzo Chat :eyes::hot_coral_heart:
  • Locked pots!
    • Loads of work on it, looks ready to roll out :smile:
  • Payee deeplink - Hint at better payee management, perhaps?
  • Some extra changes for loan management
    • Initial deposit, easier repayments, missed payments, etc. (getting back on track is in there too)
  • Some kind of magic way to send people money with a “claim” link somewhere! :eyes:
  • Payee management looks a lot more padded out, I think it’s about ready to turn on :tada:
  • Better user onboarding (by the looks of it)
11 Likes