Monzo for Android - Beta Channel Changelog

(Matthew) #672

2.21.0 now available :blush:

Edit: APKMirror: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/monzo/monzo-bank/monzo-bank-2-21-0-release/monzo-bank-2-21-0-android-apk-download/

(Marcus Nailor) #673

Version 2.21.0 is definitely available :tada:

Looks like I was beaten to the punch by a couple of minutes :eyes: But in the meantime I’ve dug around and looked for new features :grin:

Pot Image Edits!

Click the settings cog on any of your pots and tap the photo! Sadly there’s no custom image uploads (yet) but it’s awesome to be able to edit without deleting a whole pot just to alter the photo :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Set a profile photo (again)

Looks like this was broken in Android 9.0 Pie but it’s back again, you can upload, remove and take a new photo for your Monzo.me / Monzo-to-Monzo payments picture :blush:

(Anybody else think an 8-bit Monzo card would look hella awesome?! :sunglasses:)

Under the Hood

You can definitely check the Slack channel for a full teardown of the APK :eyes::see_no_evil: but a summary of the changes this week is this; there’s been a LOT of changes surrounding Pots! :honey_pot:

Not to mention Tabs! :tada: Looks like some changes to the contacts screen might be incoming… Starred Contacts anybody? :star:

And I’ll leave the rest as a surprise for the future :joy:

(Marcus Nailor) #675

Version 2.22.0 :boom::boom::boom:

Nothing on the surface for me yet… But I know there’s some new things lurking :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Scratch that! :joy::joy: They added a new Monzo-Blue pot background colour :wink:

Apk mirror: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/monzo/monzo-bank/monzo-bank-2-22-0-release/monzo-bank-2-22-0-android-apk-download/

(Marcus Nailor) #676

2.22.0 Changes :eyes:
I’m going to make this a wiki so feel free to add to it until I close it :blush:

Blue pot background :grin:

Add to Google pay :grin:

(Stuart) #677

There’s a big add to Google Pay button. This is good however I’ve already added my card to Google Pay long ago so I don’t really need this.

(Marcus Nailor) #678

Today’s the day! Beta time :joy:

Version 2.23.0 Beta :tada:

Changelog:

APKMirror Link: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/monzo/monzo-bank/monzo-bank-2-23-0-release/monzo-bank-2-23-0-android-apk-download/

(Chris Rimell) #679

Interesting that this is on the changelog, shared tabs is live without the beta release…

(Marcus Nailor) #680

Correct, Tabs has been available since 2.21.0 :eyes:

After looking at the diff inside the APK I can see that Tabs has changed a little tiny bit between 2.22.0 & 2.23.0 :slight_smile:

I would assume the reason for the changelog being as it is, is because at the time of releasing 2.22.0 Tabs wasn’t available. But it is now :slight_smile: So they can finally shout about it in the changelogs :wink:

(Chris Rimell) #681

A bit weird though since it’s in labs. Hey ho!

(Marcus Nailor) #682

That’s why it’s in the beta changelog and not the public one :wink:

But I do see where you’re coming from :joy::grin:

(Marcus Nailor) #683

As I often do, I reinstalled the latest Monzo beta :grin: I like to do so on the off chance that the login or other flows within the app have changed between beta versions :eyes: (I can’t help but have a nosy :joy:)

This time around I noticed a lovely new screen appear when heading to the payments tab :tada:

This graphic was updated slightly:

And this entire screen was added :wink: Looks pretty good IMO!

(SA) #684

Has the account settings button moved? I can’t find mine anywhere? :thinking:

(Marcus Nailor) #685

Not recently but yep :grin: It’s moved slightly

What you want to do is head to the “Account” tab (along the bottom)
Then hit the “PROFILE” button next to your name, photo, account number & sort code :slight_smile: That’s where all of your account settings live.

If you’d like to look at the app settings:
Once you’re inside the “Profile” page “SETTINGS” will be in the top right corner of your screen :slight_smile:

Is that what you were after? :smiley:

(Marcus Nailor) #686

Version 2.24.0 :tada:

Apkmirror: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/monzo/monzo-bank/monzo-bank-2-24-0-release/monzo-bank-2-24-0-android-apk-download/

Changes: Will update if I find anything not on the (short) changelog

(Marcus Nailor) #687

Looks like another quick shortcut bites the dust :grimacing:

Down to two :see_no_evil:

(Marcus Nailor) #688

Tabs saw an update on the “Tabs Onboarding” :smiley:

(Michael) #689

Just updated and now can expand the notifications. Yay