Monzo for Android - Beta Channel Changelog šŸ•µ

Notes might be same but App on Android is still quite a bit behind IMO.

2 Likes

Whatā€™s missing? I can just think of search (much better on iOS)ā€¦

Iā€™ll name a few

• Search on Android is very v basic
  • No travel reports
  • No in-app fingerprint/biometrics authorisations
  • No Location based security
  • Pulse has spending details on the graph
  • iOS help has new sneak peaks
  • No widget
  • iOS has more options to send transection feedback
  • Direct Debits donā€™t have any details on Android

I am sure there are other small things which all put together makes iOS experience much more nicer and beautiful.

6 Likes

Add ā€œDirect Debit info/details screenā€ to that list too.

(It still looks like this - Direct Debits & Standing Orders Feedback / Suggestions / Ideas)

2 Likes

I donā€™t believe that itā€™s happened beforeā€¦ :smiley:

Ofc I only keep track of Android changelogs :wink: So I canā€™t be 100% sure :innocent:

Screenshot_20180522-072749
Fingerprint support has been on Android for some time now

Location based fraud protection has been on there for as long as I can remember. Perhaps you are talking about something more specific.

That is just for app unlock not for in-app stuff

Itā€™s not on Android or at least there is no option for me to enable or disable it. Here is an explanation from a Monzo staff what is this for;

1 Like

Sorry, my mistake. I was reading the Starling forum immediately before reading this and still thought I was in Starling world. What a numpty I am.

1 Like

The Monzo team is on fire :fire: Squashing all the bugs :grin:

Hereā€™s 2.0.2 with some extra fixes

weā€™ve done some internal refactoring of late, the hotfixes have just fixed a couple of small things we accidentally broke :stuck_out_tongue: 2.0.2 fixed bank statements :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Version 2.0.3 :grin:

Likely another couple of bug fixes :slight_smile:

Screenshot_20180523-165311

Summary has now vanished from labs as it should have done days ago :grin:

Apart from maybe being a little less reliable, does the beta version have anything else? Like sending back extra logs?

I thought Iā€™d just give my 2c here, despite the name ā€˜Betaā€™ Iā€™ve not found Monzo to be in the least bit unstable! :grin: Rock solid is how I would describe it and Iā€™ve been using the beta for well over a year :wink:

I donā€™t believe thereā€™s any further log collection, but I canā€™t say for sure. I think it wouldā€™ve been pointed out explicitly if there was.

The beta just gives you access to features a week early and I think thatā€™s well worth it :wink:

5 Likes

Thanks!

Maybe a Monzo employee could confirm whether itā€™s just an early version or there are any more analytics being collected.

Tempted to sign up anywayā€¦

My understanding is that the beta version is basically the final version that will go out.

So feature x is built and tested internally but the android team, then rolled out to an internal beta team.

When theyā€™re confident itā€™s ready for release, itā€™s pushed to the Google Beta group.

Where we then get to play with it for a week. In this time itā€™s not really expected to find any problems, itā€™s just getting more device testing etc.

Then it gets pushed to the release for the world.

The difference between the beta and final being very minor.

Or, thatā€™s my understanding of the process. With the iOS version being the same process, but done on alternate weeks.

4 Likes

Monzo have a handy dandy blog post:

Which explains all about how their Beta releases work :tada: I hope @JohnE (& everybody else) finds it interesting :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks! This is a good post.

Another day another patch :grin:

Version 2.0.4 :tada::bug::hammer:

Will update if I find out whatā€™s been fixed :smile:

2 Likes

This is generally how it works within the Google play store anyway.

Rolling out from Beta to Production involves clicking 1 button, Creating a new release takes a few steps (still much easier to release on Android than on iOS in my opinion.