Monzo for Android - Beta Channel Changelog šŸ•µ

Yes, thatā€™d be the standard behaviour, but thereā€™s no Monzo password other than the PIN :slight_smile:

Glad to hear that! Though didnā€™t you need to re-build that same chunk to support the PIN recovery as it is now, also?

If you canā€™t talk about them, my guess is they might relate to my assumption about how the ID verification is done. As I said, I said it appears to be the OnFido process, not that I knew with certainty it was (obviously all I or any other customer can do is look with interest and guess how itā€™s likely to work)ā€¦ if youā€™ve brought that in-house itā€™s awesome. Same on cost of those processes, if itā€™s free/super-cheap to you, also awesome :smiley: though even in-house itā€™ll have a cost, if ā€˜onlyā€™ a people cost.

The nerd in me loves how open you all are, and I get you canā€™t always be, but thanks for the info you can provide - itā€™s always super-appreciated!

Not as far as Iā€™m aware, the in-app PIN recovery flow will sit on top of the future changes when they are released but do not require them to function. :+1:

1 Like

Minor Beta update - 1.18.1

Screenshot_20171220-153935

Give your phone a shake :wink:

1 Like

That effect is the absolute best, all apps should have it!

Any ideas when the next beta build will land, and what will be on it?

Iā€™m on the latest beta, Pulse Graph looks good, still snows when I shake the phone (hopefully this will never go, or change to blossoms in the Spring and Autumn leaves in autumn)

1 Like

No idea and not a clue! :smiley:

What Iā€™m holding out for is a Blog post from Monzo :wink: Iā€™m hearing next week (:crossed_fingers: I hope itā€™s early haha) so in that Iā€™d bet weā€™ll hear the typical happy new year :tada:, etc. as well as what Monzo is planning for the month, year, etc.

In this Iā€™m sure weā€™ll see hints at feature x hitting Android :slight_smile: Iā€™ll post any changelogs we do see here anyway but my best advice is keep an eye out in the forums, Slack channel and:

for anything new :smiley:

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

Version 1.19.0 :grin: first of the year :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Screenshot_20180115-141245

2 Likes

I have to say, I love the fact that when you scroll to past days the pulse graph updates and shows you the balance you had on that day, very useful!

4 Likes

Itā€™s awesome is what it is!! :smiley: Just donā€™t scroll too fast :wink:

Breaks things :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Looks good - but where is this ā€˜helpā€™ on transaction screen?

5 Likes

I was just looking for that! Not found it yet! :thinking:

1 Like

Thank you to the person who finally decided to put DDs into the payments section and not the spending section.

8 Likes

Makes a lot more sense, doesnā€™t it? :grinning:

4 Likes

Itā€™s change Iā€™m hoping/expecting to come to iOS too.

1.19.1 out in the wild now :money_mouth_face:

Screenshot_20180123-153953

Is this supposed to have the ā€˜enable overdraftā€™ option on the account tab as described on the latest blog post?

1 Like

Presumably itā€™s a server-side switch which will occur gradually over the next ā€œinsert timeframe hereā€ and itā€™ll just pop into your app :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve seen the button in a previous release and had it disappear shortly afterwards :joy: So Iā€™m sure itā€™s very easy for Monzo to do this for everyone at some stage, believe this .1 release was just a few bug fixes :smiley: (As mentioned in the Slack channel)

2 Likes

Yeah, the overdraft button has been available in the app for quite some time if you were one of the initial lucky ones. For everyone else itā€™ll just be a phased server-side flag to turn it on.