Monzo for Android - Beta Channel Changelog 🕵

Here’s something the changelog didn’t announce :eyes:

There’s now a button to hide your card number again after you’re done :slight_smile:

This happened anyway if you changed tab or closed the app - but it’s nice to have full control over your card number’s visibility :slight_smile:

Any ideas about the monzo map or how to access it? :pray:

1 Like

Noooo :sob: Not yet :eyes:

As soon as I find out I’ll be sure to shout about it :tada:

I’m guessing it’s a feature_flag :frowning: But as I’m no longer rooted I don’t have the means to find out :frowning:

1 Like

Cool, you updated to Android Q as well then :grin:… Weird that they mention monzo maps in the change log but don’t give any access to it :thinking:

2 Likes

Sorry, I forgot to turn on the maps flag :see_no_evil:
Should be there now… Enjoy!

8 Likes

Monzo Maps are live :grin::grin::grin::grin:

Screenshot_20190315-110457 Screenshot_20190315-110804

Go to accounts > profile > tap beside your profile photo :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Mine doesn’t seem accurate.

I live in the Northwest but apparently I’ve been to the cinema 100s of miles away :confused:

Screenshot_20190315-110808_Monzo

Same. I’ve got ATM’s in Scotland and transactions all over the place. Actually worried me more then intrigued me.

3 Likes

Same here. Some of those in Scotland are ATM transactions and I’ve not been there either :confused:

Yeah, I’ve never been to Northern Ireland but I’ve got a Matalan transaction from there :joy:

Some transactions don’t link to the physical location they link to the payment processing location :yum:

This is why you’ll notice some discrepancies :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yeah I got that. Real shame because it renders the feature almost useless.

I suppose unless you use it as a travel memento?

2 Likes

If that’s the case, it either needs fixing (somehow) or if it can’t be done it makes the whole feature pretty useless.

In fact, it will probably exacerbate things because people will assume they’re fraudulent transactions and according to my map there’s quite a few :scream:

3 Likes

Yep, we do the best with the merchant data that we’ve got as we don’t use the gps location. Often the payment terminals send a different address (head office for example) to the place that they’re physically located.

On the whole the markers should be reasonably accurate, but there will most likely be a few in places that you weren’t expecting – i’ve seen the middle of the ocean :pirate_flag:

If/when we decide to do some more work on this, then we’ll have to figure out a way of cleaning up the merchant data, which isn’t a particularly easy task…

5 Likes

Like this one one mine?

Screenshot_20190315-112035_Monzo

There are dots all over the place :see_no_evil:

7 Likes

I don’t think that actually was the TV Licensing company on the phone :wink:

6 Likes

Come visit, ill buy you a pint!

Great weekend to do it too saying as its st paddys :eyes:

2 Likes

That looks like lat,lon 0,0 - should be easy for Monzo to auto-remove locations for anything tagged like that in their DB!

Cheers! :beers:

Busiest weekend of the month for me though :joy: I can’t be making a trip to NI I’m afraid :wink:

1 Like

That looks like Null Island.

1 Like

In one country I visited every single transaction shows on the map by the transaction as the same location, but the worldwide map shows the correct (ish) location

1 Like