Monzo cannot replace my other bank, £3,000 Annual ATM limit?

Yep, one of the huuuuge selling points for me was the 0% fees. However, i understand they need to add a fee to keep it sustainable. Option 3 is probably the worsst option for me (i voted 2), but i think it still works out a tad cheaper than Nationwide. Still going to be good though, i love the app, the fact you can temporarily freeze your own card, and that they do not upmark conversion rates. Once i get the current account this will save me loads, as i get paid in USD, which converts to sterling and then converts into the local currency while travelling.

2 Likes

there are no monthly or annual limits (currently) with Starling

1 Like

woo hoooo sounds like a no brainer for the far flung gap year, business and ex pat cash users at Monzo :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bizarre. why would they obfuscate the process of getting the limit increased to 5k. Anyway if the current account negates this issue then it probably doesn’t matter too much

1 Like

Definitely is for me, i ama location independent worker, i am reluctant to use the hip digital nomad label as it conjures up images of vegan yoga advocates with man buns :slight_smile:

I would think Monzo wanted to see how you use your card - whether you are someone who goes abroad a year to far flung places, never makes any transactions in the UK and only withdraws cash - costs Monzo a lot of money so wouldn’t have the enhanced verification limits

1 Like

People using the card for fraud is potentially another factor.

2 Likes

This is interesting. When I queried these limits when abroad I was told it was due to the back end bank imposing them. Was that a point-blank lie?

I’m not sure, but i am still in the UK and the limit is 3k

Which limits… the prepaid or current account?

Believe Wirecard impose the limits on the prepaid system as the card is actually issued by them

2 Likes

I have not been offered a current account. Probably because I ask annoying questions on the Monzo forum :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I’m sure that, that was a joke but to avoid any confusion, for users who are new to the site - that’s not a thing. And also, you’ve only posted twice on one other day before today :slight_smile:

4 Likes

So what?!

I came on the site after receiving an unsolicited forum digest email.

It looks like you might have misinterpreted my previous comment. I wasn’t implying anything negative here -

2 Likes

Bizarre. Utterly bizarre.

Ed, you implied you were being disadvantaged by asking annoying questions; Alexs was pointing out you hadn’t posted often enough to be annoying (and you wouldn’t be disadvantaged even if you had done so). Try not to be overly-sensitive - I interpreted Alexs’ post as being supportive and reassuring, not a dig at you. We’re generally much more friendly and supportive of each other here. Hope that helps (a little).

8 Likes

Actually I used an emoticon to show that I was kidding. Try not to be so defensive! :smiley:

Bizarre, utterly bizarre! :grinning:

9 Likes

This is the answer to the question posed and should be just pinned at the top.

1 Like

I would agree this thread has come to an end here.

New current account usage limits are coming, with preliminary details here: Monzo cannot replace my other bank, £3,000 Annual ATM limit?

If you’d like to continue a wider discussion about limits in general, try this topic Withdraw Limits - Current Account