Mobile networks

The lowest I’ve found is from iD Mobile with their lowest-priced SIM at £3.99/mo (500MB, 120 mins, unlimited texts) :slight_smile:

EDIT: This is PAYM, not PAYG.

1 Like

I guess you can’t expect much cheaper than that!

Any experience of ID Mobile?

I’m inclined to think the extra £1 on GifGaff (given their reputation), might be worth it!

One thing to consider is coverage in your area; GiffGaff running on O2 and iD on Three. Otherwise the extra £1 might be worth it…

1 Like

Just seen ID Mobile do 1GB Data for £5.

I’m on Three, and it’s not… horrendous lol

1 Like

So I am looking at Virgin Mobile as they have a deal that is £25pm everything is unlimited if you have Virgin Broadband however I called the sales guys and as you know they tend to say whatever to get you to buy so I was wondering if anyone can confirm the below:

Can you tether on iPhone and use whatever data you have no limit?

Is there 4G EU roaming yet?

Is there conditional diverting available e.g. on iPhone it is either on or off but with Three I called them and had it set so if phone does not answer after 30 secs it goes to 3rd Party Voicemail, if bad or no signal the same?

Are you still with Smarty? I’m thinking about giving them a go.

Yeah I am, I haven’t been anywhere to try roaming but it’s supposed to work, billing has been fine. You get the unused data taken off every bill so mine is usually £1 cheaper than my plan.

Only thing I have found is you can’t SMS premium numbers. So you can’t reply to some automated surveys or enter some competitions (which isn’t really a bad thing I suppose)

I might switch away if a good pixel 3 deal comes out on Vodafone (Its the only network with signal at my parents house) but then I’ll probably swap the kids onto smarty by then anyway.

I contacted support once about a website bug which was fixed, everything else has been fine!

If you want it, here’s a refer a friend free month for both of us link http://referme.to/r2pQTNo

1 Like

Awesome, I’m signed up. Enjoy your free month! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Awesome thanks!

1 Like

I have been using ID for a few months and have no complaints.

I do have to agree with this. I’ve had pretty poor ongoing signal issues and they’ve dropped my SIM price for All You Can Eat everything from £27 per month to £11. I really can’t get a better deal than that. They are also very quick to admit they’re in the wrong.

Also I haven’t seen Sky Mobile mentioned ; they are incredibly good if you have Sky TV :blush:

1 Like

I’ve been on Plusnet for almost a year now. I’m surprised they have not been mentioned on this thread yet.

They use EE’s network and I believe the max download speed is 40Mbps (that’s the best I’ve received). Customer service is great and all plans are 1 month rolling, meaning when they have a deal on you can request to switch to it and it’ll be active on your refresh day.

My current plan is currently 8GB, 1000 mins, Unlimited Texts, all for £10 a month.

https://www.plus.net/mobile/plans/sim-only/

1 Like

I’m not sure if I’ve replied to this thread before…

Either way, I do recommend EE in London. Their network is always fast (I’ve had over 200Mbps before), and very reliable. They also offer large amounts of data on their Max phone plans.

In rural-er areas, I’ve found Three to be really good.

1 Like

I also recommend EE in London, from my personal experience o2 is total disaster in the capital, however it is excellent in the Brighton area(or at least it was up until last year).

I’ve been a PN customer for over a decade and was going to go straight on to their network however none of their packages have high enough data allowances :frowning:

I’ve been with Vodafone for about 9 years now and they have an advantage scheme (forgot the name atm) but if your company is part of it and if you upgrade or take out a new deal you get 15% off your monthly bill :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes that is the one downside :frowning_face:

1 Like

I’ve had that in all of the countries I’ve been through in Europe since I moved to Tesco Mobile :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I googled and looked on the VM forums and it says no but they said yes :eyes:

1 Like

O2’s customer service is very even handed. They treat you like crap whether you are contract or PAYG.

4 Likes