Merging Transactions

(Douglas Macmillan) #1

Hi. Is there any way to merge transactions? For instance if I was in a bar and bought two rounds of £8 during the course of an eve - rather than clogging up the list with two different transactions - it could show as one merged one totalling £16?

Giving the ability to mess around with transactions would become very dangerous. I can see that it would be nice to have, but it’s a risk that I don’t think is worth it. :slight_smile:

(Tristan Thomas) #3

It would definitely be interesting :slight_smile: But I’m not sure it would mesh very well when we’re a bank and this becomes your ‘bank statement’ :thinking:

(George) #4

I think the suggestion is more something that would sit on top of the data, in the app as a statistic instead of part of a statement.

previously discussed here https://community.monzo.com/t/my-month-with-mondo

(Gurparit Chand) #6

Sounds like it would fit best under the budgeting features that have been suggested a few times.You can already see transactions grouped by merchant if you click on the spent today.

(Matt) #7

This is something I’ve thought about before but not actually got round to posting. On a few occasions I’ve made multiple transactions at the same merchant very close together (okay, yes mostly nights out…) and it does seem to ‘clog up’ the feed. Definitely a +1 here for merging of transactions.

Just to bump this again, I think that it’s a great idea.

Say for example I buy something from Amazon. Sometimes Amazon charges me a quid and then charges me the rest of the money in a separate transaction. If I was able to merge these two, it would be a lot cleaner.

As for what @tristan said, I feel as though it’s not as serious as made out in the OP. If there are some “merged” transactions, clicking on them could reveal how many “sub-transactions” took place within them.

(Hugh) #9

Maybe there could be a way to “group transactions” so that in the view, it appears as one transaction (with an icon to show it is a group) and if you exported data for tax purposes it would display as actual, separate transactions?