Merchant Data Corrections

I’m still waiting on one from 27 Dec.

This system is hateful. Monzo insist on displaying logos and “friendly” names, yet the system for controlling this is utterly hopeless.

Stop doing it, or do it properly!

(Michael) #1071

Still got several from the 27th into the New Year

Makes me wonder if they’ve disappeared from the queue, but also not possible to resentence, as resubmitting made no difference

I’ve seen some nice details on here about improving the backend tools, but not great if the front-end support is not going to get through them

(Liam) #1072

Adding a glorified +1 to this subject again.

I’ve submitted half a dozen in the past month and none have been updated. :frowning:

Is the queue being worked through at all or is it completely dead now?

(Rachel Raybould) #1073

I think this is why people recently more than before are asking for a setting that they can turn it off completely. If nothing is being changed and your feed is wrong why have it?
I can understand why people are upset completely.

(Charlie) #1074

It would be nice if you get get something like “We’ve reviewer your Merchant suggestion” and then it tells you if it was edited or rejected. Or a page where we can see our submitted suggestions and their status?

I don’t know, I just feel like for myself and it seems a lot of other people, we just don’t know if it has worked or if a monzo staff member disagrees with the suggestion.

(Alex Mayo) #1075

Just wanted to bump this…

IMO Monzo really need to either give users the option to toggle off merchant images (just show the letter) or make some improvements to the system :weary:

((╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻) #1076

I understand the argument that it needs improvement, but is it really that bad to turn off completely?

I have the odd one or two merchants that need doing but overall my feed is pretty nice looking.

(Alex Mayo) #1077

If people regularly use the same merchant and it’s always incorrect then the feed in anything but nice looking :weary:. But it’s not just about the icons, some merchant names and details are also incorrect.

(Daniel White) #1078

ARGH :triumph:! All the Amazon logos have changed again!

Make your minds up!

(Nathan Steer) #1079

:sob::sob::sob:

(Michael) #1080

Apply for a job – get hired – fix it – celebrate. :smiley:

((╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻) #1081

Fixed it for you :smiley:

(Michael) #1082

By either curious or coincidental timing, most of these have been updated this evening

Thanks for that

I hope no one thought I was having “a go”, but it is a little frustrating to get no feedback in app and see more recent submissions picked up

(Graham James Phillips) #1083

I’ve tried numerous times to update one of my direct debits.

One is called “Elderbridge Re HCA” this is a payment agency for Homes England. Homes England fund equity loans for Help to Buy. Therefore can the name and logo be changed?

Otherwise it is a bit like capita taking payments for TV license and showing capita on our Monzo accounts.

The lack of feedback for submitted corrections is not great.

(Nathan Steer) #1084

Amazon has changed at least twice for me today. First to the black background and white ‘a’ then to white background and black ‘a’ and back again.

Although not all of my Amazon transactions have changed. Some are still the correct blue and white “smile” logo.

((╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻) #1085

Oooohh I’ve got this one! I wanted to pay it off recently and it took forever to get in touch with the right people as a result of this. :joy: Elderbridge don’t have your account details so you don’t exist to them. :roll_eyes:

(James Murray-Ferris) #1086

Milk and more have suddenly changed their reference and become there own company…they used to send as Muller in Ireland and now they are actually Milk&More but that means the logos gone away :disappointed_relieved:

(Mark Rickaby) #1087

Same for me, Amazon has reverted back to the old black and white logo rather than the correct blue and white smile logo. Any idea, @RachelRaybould?

((╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻) #1088

Rachel sadly doesn’t work for Monzo anymore :cry:

(Mark Rickaby) #1089

Noooooooo :sob: I didn’t know. Rachel was the best thing that ever happened to Monzo’s merchant data.